Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tuned- any haz had?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had them on my 2011 Mustang GT and loved the tires. They wore nicely and lasted a long time. Also had good performance for an all weather tire...cut a 1.9 60’ on them. Did well in the rain and snow as well. Very predictable handling characteristics.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
Great tires. Would buy again.

We put a set of these on my wife’s 2015 M235i xdrive when the oem Bridgestone ones needed replacing. Like Sleeper said- Great tire all around. We didn’t even swap them for dedicated winters in this car, and had no snow/ cold traction issues.

About as good as an all season can get. I know that sounds a bit like a backhanded compliment, but it isn’t meant to be. They were vastly superior to the Bridgestone potenzas that came in the car originally in every way- traction wet or dry; wear; cold/ snow; noise; feel. Almost like a new car.

OP
Shadow99

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Ill only drive the car in the summer. Wont see any snow. Even if it rains the car wont be out. So would these all seasons still be better over the hankook mainly summer tire?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Continental has the DW summer tire that I also heard was good. I would only get the DWS if you are looking for all season performance. If it won’t see snow or rain hardly, I would get something with a summer compound that will perform even better.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I have the DW's (not DWS) on the Cobra and they are great. Very good handling and wet traction and they have a much more comfortable / softer ride and are quieter than my old Goodyear Eagle's.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Great tires; Have had them on

- Cadillac STS-V (I do switch out to Continental Extreme Contact DW in summer)
- Impala SS
- Bonneville GXP

I have also had similar offshoots of the brand in the Control Contact's, on both vans

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Continental DWS' are rated higher than the comparable Goodyear Eagle's and are $20 less per tire. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's are rated slightly higher than the Continental's, but are $40 per tire more. (at least in my size; 255/45/20)

If I hadn't dropped coin on winters and "summer" tires, I would've gone with the Continental DWS'

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I replaced the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's that were on the Caddy (when they wore down), to the Continental EC DWS's because the minimal performance edge wasn't worth that extra $$$ per tire.

OP
Shadow99

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
I mainly bought the wheels for the rims on them. The tire I didnt care for until I actually brought them home and saw what tire they were. So I got a pretty good deal on them then lol. I read that the DWS will fade away as the tires life goes down. So each letter fades as the quality of the tire decreases. So if the S is faded off, then theyre no good for being in snow, and so on. Which is pretty neat. I think Ill run these guys down till I need new ones. Then can switch my hankooks over to those rims. OR sell my old set of wheels with the hankooks on them and go with some of the tires you guys mentioned.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Correct on the wear away of the letters. And yes, they are a slightly softer compound tire.

When they wear away, I'd just get another set. I fought buying these tires (despite their price) for the longest time because I thought the webbed tread pattern was stupid looking. But once I broke down and bought them, nothing has been on my vehicles since. This product line of Extreme Contact and Control Contact's have been very good tires overall for the price.

radioguy6

Reaction score
I ran the DW on my G35, got about 30k miles out of them. They were quiet and wore evenly, even with negative camber. I guess my biggest complaint was being a 'summer tire' it had a very soft sidewall, but handling was predictable. I heard they improved these too, and I've read good reviews so that is promising.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
my standard all season advice is DWS and for large wheels / non-track/autox summer bro it's DW

OP
Shadow99

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
I am unsure of the year on mine or even how long theyve been used. Ill give them a whirl this summer and see how I like them. Thanks guys!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom