Conn. high school girls file lawsuit arguing that allowing transgender athletes to compete is sex discrimination

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a lawsuit like this for some time. As a dad of girls that are very involved in sports, this has always made me mad. I'm all for trans rights, but a line needs to be drawn in the sand for sports. I feel bad there isn't a good answer for the problem, but letting genetic born males compete against girls in sports is absolutely absurd.

Hope these girls win their lawsuit!

Selina Soule, a senior at Glastonbury High School; Chelsea Mitchell, a senior at Canton High School; and Alanna Smith, a sophomore at Danbury High School, announced the lawsuit in a press conference on the steps of the state capitol in Hartford, the Washington Post reported.

All three plaintiffs have competed with, and almost always placed behind, two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood. The two Connecticut high school seniors, who were born biologically male but identify as female, have won 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races combined since 2017, the lawsuit said.

Yearwood, a senior at Cromwell High School, and Miller, a senior at Bloomfield High School, issued statements vehemently defending their right to run in girls events in response to the filing Thursday.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
So they're essentially saying that transgender females are more marginalized than biological females....so it's cool. What bullshit. If they're going to allow that shit, at least put an asterisk next to their name on the record books so that people know these are G.I.R.L's...(guy-in-real-life).

blueoval4life

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for a lawsuit like this for some time. As a dad of girls that are very involved in sports, this has always made me mad. I'm all for trans rights, but a line needs to be drawn in the sand for sports. I feel bad there isn't a good answer for the problem, but letting genetic born males compete against girls in sports is absolutely absurd.

Hope these girls win their lawsuit!

They are finally starting to get control of this in international sports (Track and Field) anyhow. And it should trickle down to all levels. Although it is more complicated when your dealing with minors. Eitherway they are now requiring certain testosterone levels before competing. Perfect example was Caster Semenya. She/He was killing the field(5 + second wins) breaking records in the 800 meters. And it was clearly unfair. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

And Caster Response typical.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score

but but but what's wrong with letting Randy Macho Man Savage compete in women's wrestling if HE thinks
he truly is a girl???
Same goes for Dustin Byfuglien or Alex Ovechkin playing on a female hockey team,
or Aaron Judge, Giancarlo Stanton play women's baseball!!!
If they promise they truly believe they are women, let them play.

It is evil, racist, hateful and discriminates against any brain defect that truly believe their dick swinging between their legs as they run doesn't make them a MALE!!!!

Isn't bruse jenner still banging girls, even with his dress and padded bra on!!!

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I fully believe people can feel like they were born the wrong gender, want to transition, etc whatever. It doesn't bother me one bit but what does bother me is the face value of it. Males and females are DIFFERENT. It's plain ol' biology. If you want to transition or identify as another gender that's completely fine but you can't ignore the biological facts, feelings be damned.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
GOOD.

Boys turning into "girls" and then competing at their level is the biggest bullshit current day. Make a trans league and they compete against themselves.

Its fucking unbelievable this is even an issue. Its so fucking obvious how unfair it is to real women.

Any current women records that were broken by trans women should also be reversed or added to their own stats.

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Not in the same realm per say, but I worked all the wrestling matches at the highschool I worked at. And they let girls wrestle guys in the same weight class. Needless to say, the girls (of the same weight), would get WRECKED and most of the time injured against the boys. This was ignored by all the coaches and officials because nobody wanted to be labeled sexist. So we let the ladies "do what the boys do" and have to be ok when the girl gets her femur broken...which I saw happen on a take-down. Same weight doesn't equal same muscle mass 9/10 times.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
even the trans student "excuses" that girls have other advantages too are fucking outrageous....

"One sprinter could have parents who spend so much money on personal training for their child, which in turn, would cause that child to run faster.
MONEY DOESNT MAKE YOU FASTER! LONGER, STRONGER MUSCLES DO......Which MALES have from BIRTH regardless of LATER hormone treatment! so we are going to ignore the decade of building muscle and having male testosterone levels?

This says enough right here on how of a disadvantage this is....we arent talking .01 differences... 0.3 second difference in sprinting is a LONG TIME!

The winner, Terry Miller of Bloomfield High, is also transgender and set a girls state indoor record of 6.95 seconds. Yearwood finished in 7.01 seconds and the third-place competitor, who is not transgender, finished in 7.23 seconds.

The two Connecticut high school seniors, who were born biologically male but identify as female, have won 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races combined since 2017
they are just wiping the floor in the women's division...because they have a fucking advantage.

ZXMustang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
even the trans student "excuses" that girls have other advantages too are fucking outrageous....

MONEY DOESNT MAKE YOU FASTER! LONGER, STRONGER MUSCLES DO......Which MALES have from BIRTH regardless of LATER hormone treatment! so we are going to ignore the decade of building muscle and having male testosterone levels?

This says enough right here on how of a disadvantage this is....we arent talking .01 differences... 0.3 second difference in sprinting is a LONG TIME!

they are just wiping the floor in the women's division...because they have a fucking advantage.
Similar issue we had back when the trans person wanted to change in the girls locker room was other normal straight boys wanted to identify as girls so they too could get into the girls locker room. That was a thing actually. Good think that law suit was defeated. I believe that was Palatine HS from a few years ago.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
seems super unfair to have them compete, not just like a "tall girl in basketball," with hormones and muscle structure are so different.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
:rofl: that southpark episode was great. Good hope they win this lawsuit. I cant imagine how frustrating it is for coaches to see this happening. They likely want to say/do something but at the same time know its a risk to their career and livelihood if they do.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
We're seeing more of these issues where two protected groups are opposed to each other. Girls vs. trannies, religious views vs. gay wants, etc.

It's going to be interesting to see how the cases play out in the courts.

OP
Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
We're seeing more of these issues where two protected groups are opposed to each other. Girls vs. trannies, religious views vs. gay wants, etc.

It's going to be interesting to see how the cases play out in the courts.
Wouldn't be shocked if this ended up at the Supreme Court

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
They have to do something. Even the testosterone testing can be iffy because of even genetic anomalies between person to person. A genetic female can actually have high levels of testosterone for one reason or another. It doesn't mean she is trans, it just means she has high testosterone. If they make a hard line, would she be disqualified even though she was born a female? At the upper echelons of sport, the top competitors are bigger and stronger than "normal" women, and likely because of their high testosterone levels helping them achieve at their high levels. I don't know how to determine "normal" levels...I'm sure there are exercise scientists and doctors that are FAR more qualified than any of us, that could make a more informed decision, or come up with another way to make the level "fair"

Bob Hope

Formerly Alive
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it’s as simple as an original birth certificate. Sounds ridiculous but if this is what it’s become, it’s what it’s become.

There could be a separate class of sports that gender doesn’t matter :dunno: would be real hard to do at every level of sport though.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
There could be a separate class of sports that gender doesn’t matter :dunno: would be real hard to do at every level of sport though.
That would offend the alphabet people though. They don't want to have their own league. They want to be able to destroy records using their genetic advantages.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
They all wanted equal rights and have fought for decades to get as far as they have. There's no way they're going to go backwards and into a segregated league of sports for "them".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom