Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
The shield hands down over all of those. The Bersa is a copy of the Walther PPK, and it was not comfy for me to shoot.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Did you notice the slide biting you as it fired/cycled? Several reviewers have mentioned that.

I will be renting/trying out all of these, if possible, to see which one feels best.

Any other CC guns I should be looking at?

Down here in Florida, CC is a one day class/test and, I think, a background check. You can't open carry unless you are fishing/hunting so CC is the way most people go.

CobraSki03

Reaction score
I have shot the M&P and wasn’t a fan of the balance of the gun. I ended up going with a Walther PPS 9mm, thinner then the M&P and a better shot in my opinion. I haven’t shot the others mentioned. I would take a good look at the PPS, you won’t be disappointed.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Not fond of any of those.

The ruger will have a trigger pull about 30 feet long (it sucks) and the Shield is meh.

Personally, the absolute best CC gun, since I am biased AF, Sig P938 or P238 if you want a .380.

Very easily concealable too.

They average around $700 and it is a Sig, after all.

Quite a few people here have them too and wear by them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I prefer to keep the costs down IF I can get a quality gun for a cheaper price.

Sigs, of course, are high quality and price. If I can find a gun I like for $300-$400 that's a lot of extra ammo to practice with.

I know you need a dependable weapon but I will most likely only be using this for enough practice to be comfortable with it and for CC. It won't be something I go shoot hundreds of rounds through for fun so I'm hoping to not break the bank.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
The slide did bite me every shot I took with the Bersa.

The Shield 2.0 fixes most of the complaints people had about the original, but I still liked it. :dunno:

There is the Glock XX (dont know the number model,) but its a slim single stack pistol.

IMO the only Ruger pistol worth owning is the MK series. I do not care for their polymer pistols.

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Reaction score
I switched from a SW Sigma 40 to a Ruger Ec9s and am glad I did. Easy to conceal and simple. The seemingly long trigger pull previously described about the Lc9s is not as bad as explained. Ive put 300 or so rounds through it in the last month or so and am glad I chose this firearm.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
What about double stacks vs. single stacks? I'd like to have double the rounds but not at the expense of the gun being too big to comfortably wear in hot Florida. I'd probably rather carry an extra magazine.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
If going Ruger I’d go with the LCP or LCP2. I know a few people who have them with no complaints (for a gun that size).

I like my M&P Shield and can highly recommend it.

There’s also the Sig P365 and Glock 43 which are good options.

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
In FL I highly recommend just getting the Ruger LCP as that could easily be pocket carried on hot/humid days.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
If going Ruger I’d go with the LCP or LCP2. I know a few people who have them with no complaints (for a gun that size).

I like my M&P Shield and can highly recommend it.

There’s also the Sig P365 and Glock 43 which are good options.
LCP 2 is a great little pocket carry and shoots way better than the original.

Outlaw

Reaction score
My every day carry is a 9mm Shield. I shoot proficiently with it and its comfortable enough. I have a Ruger LCP with one of those squared off pocket holsters for when I'm in swim trunks or basketball shorts. Sucks to shoot.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
What about double stacks vs. single stacks? I'd like to have double the rounds but not at the expense of the gun being too big to comfortably wear in hot Florida. I'd probably rather carry an extra magazine.
I have a double stack, my only pistol and my ccw...i am currently looking for a single stack for ccw...double stack just too thick and heavy for real comfortable carry, but it aint so bad to where I never carry. It's alot easier and more comfortable with winter coming around to carry a double stack.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
Go shoot a few to see what feels good. Anyone can recommend a firearm but it’s what feels good to you is what you want if it’s goung to be a conceal carry. Keep in mind balance, trigger pull and ergonomics all come into play.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
in the summer lcp in the pocket holster fits in any pants/gym shorts, I also sometimes carry a g43, xds, or g19 depending on what I have on and where im going

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I still need to get my carry card, but I shot the Glock 26 the best out of all the ones I tried so that’s what I went with.

Only changes I made to it is Trijicon HD sights and Pierce finger extension on the magazine.

Minimal additional in size over a G43 but more capacity.

Like everyone already said, narrow it down to a handful, shoot them all and see which one you shoot the best.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
If you want a quality pistol at a cheap price, the XDS. If you dont mind spending a bit more, the P938 hands down.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have and use the Ruger Sr9c with pinky extenders. If you have huge hands then I would suggest something different but for me, everything seems good.

Fish

Donating Member
Reaction score
After that whole fiasco with Springfield and Rock River Arms flip flopping between pro and anti gun legislation in IL, I think Ill keep away from Springfield.

Besides, the Shield is cheaper than the XDs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom