Concealed Carry Gun Owner Stops Mass Shooting

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
After a fight in a bar in South Carolina, a man with many previous criminal convictions opened fire into the crowd. Three people were shot although none have died.

A concealed carry owner pulled out his gun and fired back striking the shooter in the leg and stopping the shooting spree.

I wonder what the death count would have been if the concealed carry guy had not intervened? I wonder why this story is not getting broader coverage in the news media? Do they only cover stories where the criminals win and lots of people die?

Deputies believe Thompson got into an argument with another man and began firing into a crowd of people outside the club, Lt. Kevin Bobo, a Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said in an email.

Three people were shot. Another man who was shot at returned fire with his own handgun and struck Thompson in the leg, he said.

He acted in self-defense and has a concealed weapons permit, so he's not being charged, Bobo said.
Lyman man charged following shooting at nightclub | GoUpstate.com

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
In Chicago... Not as clean a shooting but at least the bad guy got shot and the shooter/victim didn't get robbed/killed.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- A 19-year-old man is in the hospital after he was shot by the person he was allegedly trying to rob late Thursday.

It happened just before midnight near Irving Park Road and Laporte in the Portage Park neighborhood. Police say a man was approached by two men when one of them pulled out a weapon.

The man then took out his gun and shot the 19-year-old, hitting him in the neck. The other man took off and has not been found.
Man shoots would-be robber in Portage Park | abc7chicago.com

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny how this kind of thing doesn't hit the news EVER - but yet, its what, the second instance of this happening since Orlando?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom