• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Computer dial up question

dole21

Reaction score
Ok..I'm on dialup, and that takes up my phone line. My buddy has a newer computer with XP and its got a program that pops up a window to let him know he has an incoming call and he can disconnect and take the call if he wants.

I have windows 98. Is there any programs or device out there so that I could get that on my computer whether it be internal or external?

I'm online all the time and never get calls and I get people pissed at me because of it...LOL

Thanks everyone.

RObert

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
the only thing i have heard of is for AOL. 9.0. Some phone companies give you special software with the purchase of their service, and i tihnk that software contains something like that. I suggest just get cable heheh :p

G

gtp kid

try callwave.com, we had that for awhile. aol 9.0 has their own messaging features when you are online. we use that now. but i think the callwave was like a dollar a month or something. with callwave, i don't know if you can disconnect to answer the phone. it should be callwave.com, if not just do a search, you should be able to find it. lata

z

hueygt

Reaction score
PEOPLE PEOPLE.....COME ON.......YOU GUYS PAY LIKE 21 DOLLARS OR A LITTLE LESS OR A LITTLE MORE....

BUT DSL PEOPLE COME ON 26.95 FOR ONE YEAR....AND IF YOU'RE SATISFIED WITH IT THEY CAN GIVE U A REFILL AFTER THE YEAR THEY CAN STILL KEEP IT AT 26.95 YA'LL BETTER GET IT WHILE IT LASTS.....WELL IF YOU HAVE SBC AS YOU'RE PHONE...BUT IM PAYING LIKE 80.00 A MONTH THAT INCLUDES DSL AND PHONE LINE WITH LIKE UNLIMITED LOCAL AND NATIONWIDE LONG DISTANCE...
AND IM HAPPY....:)

:p HUEYGT :p

p.s. the caps are for youre own good....i dont know why u people dont get DSL for about 5 to 9 bucks more than ur dial-up...:p

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

G

gtp kid

haha, i tell my dad everyday to get dsl, but noooooooooooooooooo. i have to hear the obnoxious dialing and slow downloading. i hate it

z

dole21

Reaction score
I DON'T LIVE IN THE CITY.

THEY DON'T HAVE DSL OR CABLE WHERE I LIVE AT YET. I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

:D

dole21

Reaction score
Originally posted by hueygt@Nov 15 2003, 02:07 PM
PEOPLE PEOPLE.....COME ON.......YOU GUYS PAY LIKE 21 DOLLARS OR A LITTLE LESS OR A LITTLE MORE....
8.95 a month here.

mybluegtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by dole21@Nov 15 2003, 02:45 PM
I DON'T LIVE IN THE CITY.

THEY DON'T HAVE DSL OR CABLE WHERE I LIVE AT YET. I LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.

:D
time to move.. :lol:

mybluegtp

Reaction score
Originally posted by hueygt@Nov 15 2003, 07:55 PM
cable Blows U share bandwidth with people all around ur neighborhood so DSL is the bestr choice...:p
yea, but i'm not taking 2 days to down load a 5mb file..;) :p
:lol:

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by hueygt@Nov 15 2003, 07:55 PM
cable Blows U share bandwidth with people all around ur neighborhood so DSL is the bestr choice...:p
yea u share bandwith through 1 t3 line for your whole neighborhood. Either way, i download at 250k/sec constant, and upload at 30k/sec constant. DSL is WEAK!! :p You cant even play an online game while downloading 1 file :(

hueygt

Reaction score
I DO I download like 4 songs and play Counter Strike....Online all the time......so i have no prob....and i download at 1.54Mbps all time....no lower and no higher perfect...

SnM

Reaction score
Denise has AOL, but doesn't pay for it cuz her parents had it free for a while (came with a new computer they bought or something).

There are a few $10 services, so she will probably go with that soon.

we have dsl at work, and it is good, but not as good as my cable at home!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom