Comparing the 5 highest paid male CEOs vs the 5 highest paid females CEOs

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Dunno. I just make content and leave when it comes to On Topic.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
You guys can go back to stroking to politics :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I know a lot of smart women in leadership and that's great but I cannot work for a woman boss. Not because she's bad, but I can't have candid, sometimes offensive conversations with them like I can men bosses.

I could tell my old boss at Sears to go fuck himself when he pissed me off. He'd tell me to go fuck myself right back, we'd walk away, and be perfectly fine five minutes later.

If I did the same with a female.... I'd be sitting in HR

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
It appears base pay scales are all pretty good, just the men are crushing it with stock pay and other? :dunno:

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Reaction score
If women can produce the same results, why wouldn’t EVERY business hire women only and reduce operating costs?

Aircal

Reaction score
Thankfully didn't Illinois just pass a law mandating the a female and a black person must be on the company's board of directors for every company based in Illinois ?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thankfully didn't Illinois just pass a law mandating the a female and a black person must be on the company's board of directors for every company based in Illinois ?
Proposed, not passed. But yeah it's a ridiculous law if it goes through

lastls1

Reaction score
Man I wish I could have a 80-200% pay increase over 1 year.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to see the:

-Company Performance
-Total company worth
-Company founder ship (e.g. did some of the people above in the male subsection enter the company very early.)

factored into this. That said doesn't look good at face value. That said they're probably doing something more skilled than I could do and making way more money than I likely ever will for it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but in these examples of stark differences in pay between the genders, there appears to be a correlation between pay and shareholder return.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm not going to say that's the case for every male vs female comparison. But you can't use these as examples to prove that men are paid disproportionately more than women in similar roles.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
If women can produce the same results, why wouldn’t EVERY business hire women only and reduce operating costs?
It's crazy to know that some women think that men are so interested in keeping upper-management a 'boys only club' that they would pass on fat bonuses that come from lowering costs by hiring women.

I know I would choose more bonus money than restricting upper-management to men only.

I mean, I guess it's possible that you could have someone so rich, they don't even care about having more money. They would just prefer a sausage fest.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but in these examples of stark differences in pay between the genders, there appears to be a correlation between pay and shareholder return.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm not going to say that's the case for every male vs female comparison. But you can't use these as examples to prove that men are paid disproportionately more than women in similar roles.
Shit I didn't notice that had shareholder returns on it. 4/5 of the men had positive shareholder return and 4/5 of the women didn't. That said, the one woman who got a pay drop after getting net positive return got screwed while the guy who got a raise when he was at a loss must have been a great negotiator.

I was going to say before that IBM has historically been a shitshow but didn't want to speak on it because they may have turned it around. I guess not. :rofl:

Aircal

Reaction score
I would say it's not so much they don't want women in those positions but that it's hard to find qualified women to fill them. And no I'm not saying women arnt qualified, just that there is a smaller pool to choose from.

blakbearddelite

Donating Member
Reaction score
Shit I didn't notice that had shareholder returns on it. 4/5 of the men had positive shareholder return and 4/5 of the women didn't. That said, the one woman who got a pay drop after getting net positive return got screwed while the guy who got a raise when he was at a loss must have been a great negotiator.

I was going to say before that IBM has historically been a shitshow but didn't want to speak on it because they may have turned it around. I guess not. :rofl:
I wouldn't be able to argue against that one woman getting screwed even after the company having posted favorable earnings. She should have been rewarded for the company's performance.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Kind of a silly analysis when you look at the shareholder returns. 4 of the 5 top paid women CEO's are in the red!

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
What else is interesting is that the market cap of the women run companies is ~$340BN while the men are running companies worth while the men's companies are worth over 50BN less.

Then again the verticals are also interesting to note. 2 of the Men's verticals are entertainment, 1 is financial, one is "industrial/manufacturing (Linde is a gas provider) and one is biotech.

The women have one tech firm, 3 manufacturers and control of an exchange. It makes me question if competition between sectors has anything to do with it as well.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
But is that their fault. A lot of time, they (both genders), are inheriting a previous botched shit-show from the previous tenure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom