TV Community

bs009

Making 3800's Great Again
Feb 13, 2014
NashVegas
Agreed about the first two seasons. I felt like it got better in some of the later seasons but there was a period there where they started going down a weird route in the story.
It's still one of my personal favorite shows though. The first two seasons are awesome IMO.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
We started watching it when it came up on Netflix. The first 2 or 3 seasons were pretty good. Season 4 was a little off, just not as good. Season 5, was very meh, and 6 is shaping up to be the same. Once Troy left it really went downhill fast IMO. Its like they dont know what to do with Abed now. Still an OK show, but not nearly as good as the early ones.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
It really is a show without a comparison due to its methods of storytelling and how "meta" it can get. I still laugh way too hard at the History Channel style coverage of the pillow fight war between Troy and Abed. It is one of my most rewatched shows along with Scrubs and Parks and Rec.

Season 4 is where Dan Harmon wasn't the writer/showrunner. It got weird. I am in the middle of rewatching things and just hit season 4.

Reactions: Mook

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
It really is a show without a comparison due to its methods of storytelling and how "meta" it can get. I still laugh way too hard at the History Channel style coverage of the pillow fight war between Troy and Abed. It is one of my most rewatched shows along with Scrubs and Parks and Rec.

Season 4 is where Dan Harmon wasn't the writer/showrunner. It got weird. I am in the middle of rewatching things and just hit season 4.
Yeah that episode (episodes?) is great! I like the paintball ones too. You can tell Dan was gone in 4, but once cast started dropping it went downhill really fast. We are half way though 6 and its weird.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My son started watching this and we got hooked. I think it’s Fn hilarious. A lot of has been and up and coming actors/actresses. It is the birthplace of one of TCG’s most used gifs...I almost pissed myself LOLing when I saw it in an episode!!!
giphy.gif

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I highly enjoyed nearly all of Community...agreed the later seasons struggled a bit, but the cast was great throughout.

Also I like that Chevy Chase basically plays himself, until he was kicked off the show for being too much a racist asshole in real life.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Despite me having mixed feelings on the show, I ended up watching....like....14 episodes last night? And I did chuckle and smile throughout the viewing but I find the writing to be kind of too...."inspirational"? Hopeful? I'm not sure how I want to explain it. Like its always trying to teach us a lesson, which is weird to me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info