Colorado ZR2 Bison vs Gladiator Rubicon at Badlands

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
One of the projects I've been working on. Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/...diator-rubicon-dethrone-the-colorado-zr2.html

6a017ee6664cf9970d0240a4ba67d7200b-800wi

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
One of the most interesting bits was that we found the Bison’s add-ons actually made it less capable where it needed approach angle. The bumpers add protection, but decreases the approach angle by 5 degrees.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
One of the most interesting bits was that we found the Bison’s add-ons actually made it less capable where it needed approach angle. The bumpers add protection, but decreases the approach angle by 5 degrees.

That shocked me about the Bison bumper. You would think AEV would have designed a better bumper, more similar to the factory ZR2 bumper.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Well written review/comparo.

I've always wondered how many of these off-road vehicles actually see dirt. I'd say that the majority of them are suburban mall cruisers.

Jeep has been selling about 25,000 Wranglers a month lately...it is probably a very small percentage that actually get off-road regularly. I would bet that once the newer model reaches the 2nd owners they will get more action. I have had mine off road twice in the first year, and it was so much fun. But at the same time its hard to justify beating on a $56k Jeep.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The Gladiator is the best mid size truck out right now. They are fucking expensive though. I might be enticed by an eco-diesel Rubicon when it comes time for new truck though. If they put the 5.7 in it, I would be 100% sold.

Im no Toyota fan but Im willing to bet Toyota and the Tacoma might have something to say about that.......

5.7 eco in a jeep wrangler not happening either.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Its still pretty much the medium class bench mark tho isnt it?

Im sure it holds value better and prolly more reliable too is what im getting at.

Ancient or not.

They sell the best but like most Toyotas it’s based on loyalty and momentum. It’s far from the most well-rounded, though reliability and resale is stellar of course, and that’s important too.The Atkinson cycle engine lacks torque and it the trans doesn’t have the gear count or spread to make up for that by spinning the engine. There’s no tow/haul mode and up until MY 2020 no height-adjustable drivers seat. I’d take a Colorado, Gladiator, Ranger or Ridgeline all day over a Tacoma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info