Colorado ZR2 Bison vs Gladiator Rubicon at Badlands

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Linked James (shocker racing) to this, as he is waiting on his Gladiator to arrive.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
The Gladiator is long, strong and ready to get its Jeepin' on :bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Man do I miss the Badlands

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
Donating Member
Reaction score
Bru has to have one of the best jobs.... will read when i get home

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
One of the most interesting bits was that we found the Bison’s add-ons actually made it less capable where it needed approach angle. The bumpers add protection, but decreases the approach angle by 5 degrees.

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Excellent read! Thanks for sharing, I can't wait for my Gladiator to arrive. Jeep is telling me an expected ship date of 7/15 so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
One of the most interesting bits was that we found the Bison’s add-ons actually made it less capable where it needed approach angle. The bumpers add protection, but decreases the approach angle by 5 degrees.
That shocked me about the Bison bumper. You would think AEV would have designed a better bumper, more similar to the factory ZR2 bumper.

jason05gt

Reaction score
Well written review/comparo.

I've always wondered how many of these off-road vehicles actually see dirt. I'd say that the majority of them are suburban mall cruisers.

shockerracing.com

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Well written review/comparo.

I've always wondered how many of these off-road vehicles actually see dirt. I'd say that the majority of them are suburban mall cruisers.
Jeep has been selling about 25,000 Wranglers a month lately...it is probably a very small percentage that actually get off-road regularly. I would bet that once the newer model reaches the 2nd owners they will get more action. I have had mine off road twice in the first year, and it was so much fun. But at the same time its hard to justify beating on a $56k Jeep.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
The Gladiator is the best mid size truck out right now. They are fucking expensive though. I might be enticed by an eco-diesel Rubicon when it comes time for new truck though. If they put the 5.7 in it, I would be 100% sold.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
The Gladiator is the best mid size truck out right now. They are fucking expensive though. I might be enticed by an eco-diesel Rubicon when it comes time for new truck though. If they put the 5.7 in it, I would be 100% sold.
Im no Toyota fan but Im willing to bet Toyota and the Tacoma might have something to say about that.......

5.7 eco in a jeep wrangler not happening either.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
tacoma is ancient.

but i :nutz: them hard... cuz they work. and i like ancient.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Gladiator has been getting the top spot in the reviews.... I know I'm partial but I think the Colorado has been doing better. Ranger too.

Tacoma would likely clean up if it was newer and had more payload/towing.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Its still pretty much the medium class bench mark tho isnt it?

Im sure it holds value better and prolly more reliable too is what im getting at.

Ancient or not.

They sell the best but like most Toyotas it’s based on loyalty and momentum. It’s far from the most well-rounded, though reliability and resale is stellar of course, and that’s important too.The Atkinson cycle engine lacks torque and it the trans doesn’t have the gear count or spread to make up for that by spinning the engine. There’s no tow/haul mode and up until MY 2020 no height-adjustable drivers seat. I’d take a Colorado, Gladiator, Ranger or Ridgeline all day over a Tacoma.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom