College Basketball

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
You think they will be as good this year after losing Ayo and didn’t someone transfer or a recruit change his mind?

Ayo is gone and Miller transferred. Ayo is a big loss but the team actually played awesome without him last year when he was hurt. Adam Miller isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

I think the team will be very good this year. Kofi will be the best center in CBB and Curbelo will develop into a star.
I expect them to be top ten.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ayo is gone and Miller transferred. Ayo is a big loss but the team actually played awesome without him last year when he was hurt. Adam Miller isn’t as good as he thinks he is.

I think the team will be very good this year. Kofi will be the best center in CBB and Curbelo will develop into a star.
I expect them to be top ten.
I sure hope so

Reactions: Turk

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Way too early rankings.

13. Illinois Fighting Illini
Previous: 13

A potential dream season for Illinois ended earlier than expected, with the Fighting Illini falling in the second round of the NCAA tournament to Loyola Chicago after winning 15 of their previous 16 games -- including the Big Ten tournament. Ayo Dosunmu, the best closer in college basketball, is gone. Despite his departure, though, Brad Underwood might still have the best inside-outside tandem in the country. Kofi Cockburn is back on the interior. The most dominant physical force in college hoops, Cockburn tested the NBA draft waters, withdrew his name at the deadline, then entered the transfer portal ... before ultimately coming back to Champaign. Replacing Dosunmu in the starting lineup will be Andre Curbelo, one of the most exciting point guards in the country and a potential All-American candidate. Supporting those two will be longtime starter Trent Frazier and veterans Da'Monte Williams and Jacob Grandison. Two potential surprises in Champaign: sophomore forward Coleman Hawkins and Utah transfer Alfonso Plummer.

Projected starting lineup:
Andre Curbelo (9.1 PPG)
Trent Frazier (10.2 PPG)
Da'Monte Williams (5.5 PPG)
Jacob Grandison (4.6 PPG)
Kofi Cockburn (17.7 PPG)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info