College Basketball

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
75% of Illinois' population resides in Chicago or the surrounding areas. Chicago is known for its professional sports. I thought college sports were stupid as hell until I went to U of I. Alabama doesn't have any professional teams so their football team IS their professional team.

But back on topic. I still feel even while missing out on those 2 recruits, Illinois will be a sweet 16 team next year.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Although I'm also disappointed that we lost out on two blue chips, the silver lining is that these types of players are at least seriously considering Illinois. So that is a step in the right direction. Also, one and done players don't really contribute much to a program besides that one year boost. Getting strong players that will be there for 3-4 years are the ones you can build a team around. Unless you are Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Louisville that will consistently get the one and done players...

Illinois' football attendance will come back when the team becomes competitive again. 20 straight losses in the Big Ten is a downer... As a student (class of '95), I went to every game for both football and basketball. I don't make the trip down to Champaign for games anymore, but would me more inclined if they were a top 25 team, for example. If I were a student though, I'd still be going to every game... Probably a different mindset for kids nowadays.

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
I know it's a little old but I still can't get over this

dsrljjev3w5nka35nozh.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
1-1 for the Sun Devils as well. They were an 18.5 point favorite on the team they lost to, sooo yeah. Almost went to the game last night, but I had other shit to do. Duke-Kentucky should be a good game, but it's still too early to tell, and preseason ranks are normally not even close to what they end up as.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
1-1 for the Sun Devils as well. They were an 18.5 point favorite on the team they lost to, sooo yeah. Almost went to the game last night, but I had other shit to do. Duke-Kentucky should be a good game, but it's still too early to tell, and preseason ranks are normally not even close to what they end up as.

The Illini have some major injuries they are dealing with, which could completely ruin this season...again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info