Coffee lovers please enter

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
So this may be a repost if so sorry… Do we have any coffee snobs here? I hate to say it but over the last 5 years or so i have become quite the coffee snob, so ask all of you TCG what it your java consist of???
I have a Keurig for every day and i brew fog lifter and its delicious but when I'm feeling snobby i make a cappuccino and i brew all sorts but lately i have been trying Dark Matter's coffee and wow just the aroma gives you a buzz:s00ls:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I am definitely into coffee. I no longer use a Keurig as the heat can cause the plastic capsules/cups to leak into the coffee which is bad for you. I use a burr grinder and a French press for all coffee. Grinding it from bean form is the best way to do it as it is fresh. Pre-ground coffee has no flavor IMO. I stay away from Dunkin Donuts and McDonald's coffee as it is not real coffee IMO. I'm a big fan of Peerless Coffee, Deathwish Coffee, Groundworks and Kicking Horse. We only use the organic or fair trade beans as well. I only like Dark Roasts to the the depth of flavor and smoothness mediums tend to be too bitter for my tasting and not have a dark enough aroma of flavor.

Coffee can get very expensive as Deathwish is $20 per pound or $70ish for a 5 Lb bag.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009
I am definitely into coffee. I no longer use a Keurig as the heat can cause the plastic capsules/cups to leak into the coffee which is bad for you. I use a burr grinder and a French press for all coffee. Grinding it from bean form is the best way to do it as it is fresh. Pre-ground coffee has no flavor IMO. I stay away from Dunkin Donuts and McDonald's coffee as it is not real coffee IMO. I'm a big fan of Peerless Coffee, Deathwish Coffee, Groundworks and Kicking Horse. We only use the organic or fair trade beans as well. I only like Dark Roasts to the the depth of flavor and smoothness mediums tend to be too bitter for my tasting and not have a dark enough aroma of flavor.

Coffee can get very expensive as Deathwish is $20 per pound or $70ish for a 5 Lb bag.

Coffee snob..

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I drink a bunch of coffee as well. Use a burr grinder for the beans. Some of the gear I've acquired over the years. I found that buying quality stuff lasts and performs consistently:

For brewed coffee:
31YfIDabyCL._AA160_.jpg

Technivorm Moccamaster

The thing pulls 13 amps/1400 watts for the heater. It's the real deal..."One of the few coffee makers that brews at the optimal 200F and is certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America)"

For espresso: Saeco Via Venezia
41tr%2BalPrDL._AA160_.jpg

Works well overall.

I also use a french press on occasion.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
Gosh I feel like the Keurig just can't make a full flavored decent cup of joe.

My wife and I have switched back to the traditional coffee maker for that reason. Maybe I was buying the wrong K-cups but I feel like we went thru a good variety of brands and roasts irrespective of cost to try and find some we liked.

WOLVERINE

Regular
Oct 14, 2010
Freshly ground beans with the correct temperature water is the secret. We use a BUNN coffee maker, brews a pot in about 3.5 minutes. Bought a lot of coffee on line, but found the best value in Tim Hortons that we get from Sams Club. Around Thanksgiving I'll get Hawaiian Estate coffee for the holidays. If it wasn't $50.00 plus a pound I'd drink it all the time.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
Freshly ground beans with the correct temperature water is the secret. We use a BUNN coffee maker, brews a pot in about 3.5 minutes. Bought a lot of coffee on line, but found the best value in Tim Hortons that we get from Sams Club. Around Thanksgiving I'll get Hawaiian Estate coffee for the holidays. If it wasn't $50.00 plus a pound I'd drink it all the time.

I used to get this crazy good Hawaiian coffee and I was so upset I couldn't get it any more just knock off versions that taste like shit water I will have to try this Estate coffee u speak of

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info