Coffee lovers please enter

Omicron

From Russia With Love
Donating Member
Reaction score
Freshly ground beans with the correct temperature water is the secret. We use a BUNN coffee maker, brews a pot in about 3.5 minutes. Bought a lot of coffee on line, but found the best value in Tim Hortons that we get from Sams Club. Around Thanksgiving I'll get Hawaiian Estate coffee for the holidays. If it wasn't $50.00 plus a pound I'd drink it all the time.

BUNN ftw

There's a lot to be said for simplicity.
Hot, fast, consistent .
Beans from a local brewer- conscious cup. They're fair trade dealers, so always a good selection.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I am definitely into coffee. I no longer use a Keurig as the heat can cause the plastic capsules/cups to leak into the coffee which is bad for you.

Please explain what gets into the coffee . Cause if that's true everybody would be suing . :dunno:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Please explain what gets into the coffee . Cause if that's true everybody would be suing . :dunno:

What gets in the coffee are the contents of the plastic itself that leeches into the coffee as the hot water makes contact. For example, when you microwave food in plastic containers the chemicals used in the manufacture of plastic leach into your food. Same exact concept here.

Not a matter of if everyone knew. I know of dozens of people that still microwave plastic containers knowing it's not good for you. People simply don't care, especially when it comes to using convenient and conventional things like a Keurig.

It won't kill you in a day, but, think long term. Especially for heavy coffee drinkers that use plastic capsules multiple times a day every day.

TS
TS
LoveSpank

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
yep in the summer i only drink one cup then drink a huge glass of self brewed green tea, when it gets colder out i probably drink 3 cups throughout the day but not all at the same time

WOLVERINE

Regular
Reaction score
Just ordered 3 lbs, 2 estate, 1 peaberry, from smithfarms.com crazy low prices for Hawaiian. A small farm, you're buying directly from the owners. Hope it's good!

Disappointing in the least. The low ($26.00 per lb) pricing for this Hawaiian doesn't make up for it's lack of flavor. As good or better than anything I've tried from Amazon, but that's not worth much.

HulkSmash

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Remember this guy.lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLKp-6WvF4

Top Bottom