Cobra overheated yesterday

Kegger

Reaction score
I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic yesterday when I noticed my temp gauge started to rise. Then I get all this smoke come out of the hood and I knew right away that my coolant had boiled over. So I pulled to the side of the road and pop the hood. Sure enough, the coolant had come through the overflow tank and spewed all over the place.

Now I know that the factory cap is rated at like 16 psi but that doesn't seem to want to hold the coolant and steam the way it should. Is there a really good aftermarket cap that can do a better job than our factory setup?

hazmat404

Reaction score
the factory should hold up plenty i believe. i would pull the thermostat and make sure it isnt stuck. any new cars nowadays has stuff thats rated way past what is needed so i doubt keeping more pressure in while more heat is being generated anyways is going to solve anything. im gonna say its the easiest answer and thats the thermo

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad theromstat. Replace it and bleed it the correct way. FYI, bleeding the cooling system's on these cars are a major PITA....

Kevin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom