Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hit episode 5.

I really like the bit of sympathetic humanity they've given Krese in the hostle scene. It makes him feel like a redeemable character, but I think he's too damaged, and will remain the bad guy. From the one trailer I saw, and the looks Hawk is giving him, there is some hero worship there and Hawk is going to be the new bad kid.

Miguel is finding his way again. Robby's path is pretty much resolved, I don't think he's going to fall back on bad habits, or playing a con at all.

I looked back on the first posts I made and how low my expectations were for this show. Felt it was just a cash grab. But they've honestly treated the original material with more respect than some of the later Karate Kid movies did. They have a reverence for the original show, but at the same time its not Karate Kid, its Cobra Kai, and their own show.

Sadly, its still Youtube and they will focus on the streaming only aspect.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Also, the tease at the ending with the phone.

If you go back to a conversation from season 1, and pay attention to the last name of a character introduced in season 2, combined with the ending, things could be complicated.

Back in S1 at the bar conversation scene during the test drive they drop that Ali became a Doctor, and that when she married she took her husbands last name. Which is Schwarber.

Tory introduces herself with the last name Schwarber.

And Miguel is in the hospital, possibly needing better care which Ali may be able to provide.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Also, the tease at the ending with the phone.

If you go back to a conversation from season 1, and pay attention to the last name of a character introduced in season 2, combined with the ending, things could be complicated.

Back in S1 at the bar conversation scene during the test drive they drop that Ali became a Doctor, and that when she married she took her husbands last name. Which is Schwarber.

Tory introduces herself with the last name Schwarber.

And Miguel is in the hospital, possibly needing better care which Ali may be able to provide.

There was another nod to this as well, I believe...

She says "Tory... with a Y" about her name... In the original movie when Daniel asks her name she says "Ali... With an I"

I don't remember Tory saying her last name in the show though, I'll likely have to watch it again to see if she does. Even on IMDB she's simply listed as Tory...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I think its hard to capture season 1 because it was just that good, AND I came into it with very low expectations.

Season 2 I went into with high expectations because season 1 was great. I still enjoyed all of season 2, perhaps not as much as season 1, but nowhere near disappointed in it.

I loved the Bar Fight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info