Netflix Cobra Kai

TS
TS
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Okay. Without dropping spoilers. I guess I'll save those for later this week, or enclose them later in spoiler tags.

Things I liked. I liked the flashbacks to Kreese's history. I enjoyed the bits with Kumiko and Chozen though I admit the first few seasons with Chozen were very strange in the Tea Shop.

As for the "escalation" bits. Holy Fuck WTF SHIT Happened? Especially the last few episodes. The entire escalating feud bit just felt contrived/fake. Especially that last mass fight.

This season for me as a whole was down on quality. In fact, it felt like how I originally thought Cobra Kai was going to go before I saw season 1. I had low expectations and was blown away in season 1 with the care they took to balance the nostalgia with character development of both Johnny and Daniel, as well as the new younger cast.

But I'm disappointed with Season 3.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I really liked this season. :dunno:

I agree they went a little much with the escalation of the feud, but I still think they do a good job balancing backstory, nostalgia, new stuff, etc.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
I’m in season 2 episode 4 when cobra Kai destroys Daniels presentation at the carnival.

giphy.gif

I have to finish season 3 before I jump on 3

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ali was a perfect addition. I thought the season was good. Had to force myself to take breaks from watching.

GLADIATOR

From Roman Bloodlines
Donating Member
Reaction score
I watched S3 in two days. I needed to digest it before I commented. I really like the show a lot. I actually teared up a couple of times...WTF is wrong with me? It still is a little cheesy at times but I am conflicted with how they are portraying these teenagers. I legit had to look up the age of bad girl Tori, Peyton List, because of impure thoughts. Phew...22 years old.
E56CF66C-6108-4B69-98FA-A1AB8BE5DA13.jpeg

TS
TS
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I watched S3 in two days. I needed to digest it before I commented. I really like the show a lot. I actually teared up a couple of times...WTF is wrong with me? It still is a little cheesy at times but I am conflicted with how they are portraying these teenagers. I legit had to look up the age of bad girl Tori, Peyton List, because of impure thoughts. Phew...22 years old.
View attachment 77712
Yeah.

Imagine how people felt back in the late 90's when then 30yr old Charisma Carpenter was playing a high schooler!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
We watched all of season 3 last. What fantastic season. Sooooo many laughs, flashbacks and emotional high and lows. Loved how they brought back some characters. Especially Tamlyn Tomita. She has aged like a fine wine.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The David Spade Netflix's show has the cast of Cobra Kai on. Some good behind the scenes story. Plus Bill Barr is the second guest.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
S3 was pretty damn great. I did feel like Shue's acting felt forced and almost like it was a joke to her, but loved how they wrote her back in.

Can't wait to see what they do with Silver coming back!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
just finished it. can't freaking wait for next season.....not sure how I'm going to manage waiting another year or however long it takes

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
View attachment 77712
Lol, bro, she looks like an insect. If her eyes were spread any further apart she’d be able to see predators from behind her, like a fucking deer. Puke.

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Thought season 3 was funny and corny as hell....but I loved every second of it. Can't wait for season 4!!

Honestly can't believe what a good show this is! Johnny Lawrence definitely makes the show.

Top Bottom