TV Cobra Kai

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Hit episode 5.

I really like the bit of sympathetic humanity they've given Krese in the hostle scene. It makes him feel like a redeemable character, but I think he's too damaged, and will remain the bad guy. From the one trailer I saw, and the looks Hawk is giving him, there is some hero worship there and Hawk is going to be the new bad kid.

Miguel is finding his way again. Robby's path is pretty much resolved, I don't think he's going to fall back on bad habits, or playing a con at all.

I looked back on the first posts I made and how low my expectations were for this show. Felt it was just a cash grab. But they've honestly treated the original material with more respect than some of the later Karate Kid movies did. They have a reverence for the original show, but at the same time its not Karate Kid, its Cobra Kai, and their own show.

Sadly, its still Youtube and they will focus on the streaming only aspect.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
I finished this tonight.... so many things and the last episode is damn good. Leaves so much up in the air I’m. It sure where they will take next season.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
We are 5 episodes in.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
So far so good?
Yeah it was good. We binged the whole fucking thing today with the shit weather. Now we have to wait another year for Season 3. :tear:

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Also, the tease at the ending with the phone.

If you go back to a conversation from season 1, and pay attention to the last name of a character introduced in season 2, combined with the ending, things could be complicated.

Back in S1 at the bar conversation scene during the test drive they drop that Ali became a Doctor, and that when she married she took her husbands last name. Which is Schwarber.

Tory introduces herself with the last name Schwarber.

And Miguel is in the hospital, possibly needing better care which Ali may be able to provide.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
daniel laracist lol

it's amazing for any show in 2019 to call anyone pussies at all, let alone so frequently

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Since Ive been feeling like crap since Saturday, I watched this. I liked it. Dont know if Im down with what happened at the end though. Will still watch S3.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So far me and my buddy have only watched ep 1 and 2 of the new season....are we missing something? This is god awful compared to s1.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Finished it last night, not as good as season 1 but will definitely watch season 3.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Also, the tease at the ending with the phone.

If you go back to a conversation from season 1, and pay attention to the last name of a character introduced in season 2, combined with the ending, things could be complicated.

Back in S1 at the bar conversation scene during the test drive they drop that Ali became a Doctor, and that when she married she took her husbands last name. Which is Schwarber.

Tory introduces herself with the last name Schwarber.

And Miguel is in the hospital, possibly needing better care which Ali may be able to provide.

There was another nod to this as well, I believe...

She says "Tory... with a Y" about her name... In the original movie when Daniel asks her name she says "Ali... With an I"

I don't remember Tory saying her last name in the show though, I'll likely have to watch it again to see if she does. Even on IMDB she's simply listed as Tory...

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I dunno what you guys are seeing that I'm not. This season is so awful. Finally got to episode 5 and this is paaaaaaaainful.. Fuck :rofl:

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Same, good, not as good as the first season, but wasn't painful by any means... :dunno:

What are you hating about it [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Its overly cheesy now...and filled with lame ass "heartwarming" moments that i could give two fucks about.

Its just not good compared to s1.

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I think its hard to capture season 1 because it was just that good, AND I came into it with very low expectations.

Season 2 I went into with high expectations because season 1 was great. I still enjoyed all of season 2, perhaps not as much as season 1, but nowhere near disappointed in it.

I loved the Bar Fight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom