TV Cobra Kai

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I swear I made a post. Wonder if it got lost when Mook changed the thread name or something.

In for S2. Finished S1 last night. Bow down to their handling of the show. Excellent music, LOVE the selections. Particularly enjoyed the Challenger road test and later bar scene.

Oh well, spoilers.

Miguel won the tournament, but lost something more valuable. Johnny is disappointed in Miguel. But he'll be redeemed I'm sure.
Hawk/Lip kid looks like he's going to be an unredeemable character.
Robby seems to be shaping up, but part of me wonders if he's playing a longer con game. Shall find out in S2.
Poor Virgin kid, got knocked the fuck out.
Amanda is surprisingly able for someone who apparently gave up the training 8 years previous. Though, based on Miyagi's tombstone, would have been alive long enough to train her a bit.

If Daniel and Johnny got into an actual fight, I'm betting on Johnny. Daniel looks out of practice compared to Johnny. I wonder if they'll do some training to get both actors into better shape for more physically demanding stuff in S2. I'd like to see them face off again.

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes and I’m hooked!
Pretty much what I did. Watched them, sat on it for a day or two.

Then decided doing the free Youtube Red month to watch the rest was worth a shot.

Now, I'm probably going to sign up to YTR when S2 comes out again and pay for the month it takes to watch it.

rocco

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting much either, but it was great. Just really well done.

As much as I hated Johnny in the original movie, I loved him and was rooting for him now.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
The wife and I binged the whole season and are now disappointed the next season isn't supposed to be out until 2019. :trump:

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Just watched the series over the last 2 days. It was far better than I expected, with plenty of witty comments, and a good story line. The parallels to the original story were entertaining, and it was great to see the backstory of Johnny. It was refreshing to see that every character exhibits flaws in their relationships and personality, and even though everything doesn't work out the way you expect, they still have to make the best of it.

OP
Thirdgen89GTA

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Now if they'd only rethink the decision to offer it on Bluray so I can just buy the stupid discs and not have to deal with the stupid Youtube video interface.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
So I'll get a few episodes in, then see Endgame, then finish the season that weekend. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom