🔧 BUILD CMNT's Cadillac STS-V

General Information

Stemming from discussion in the other thread about not many peoples cars/build threads, I mentioned this and people seem not to know much about it. So here it goes...

CMNT's 2006 Cadillac STS-V

They were produced for 4 model years (2006 - 2009), and only 2,503 were made. It's an STS that is obviously "V-ified". That includes;

- 1 hand-built 4.4L, supercharged, intercooled V8 (hand built at the GM Performance Center right alongside LS7's, LS9/A's, etc)
- 1 6L80E
- Rear wheel drive as God intended
- some suspension goodies
- Brembo's at all 4 corners
- 18" front wheels, 19" rear wheels
- then the visual stuff

There isn't a lot of aftermarket support due to low production numbers, but I have done both pieces of the intake (Spectre, none of that D3 expensive shit), Magnaflow exhaust, some intercooler work (the bane of any supercharged GM vehicle's existence) and then tuned by Jim at Speed Inc. It did 415/472 on Speed's dyno. I have never tracked it, more simply out of lack of time.

They came in three exterior colors;
- Light Platinum Metallic (what mine is)
- Thunder Grey Metallic (could also be listed as "Thunder Grey Chromaflair")
- Black Raven

Interior colors were;
- Light Grey (mine)
- Ebony
- Ebony with red accents

At the time I really wanted a CTS-V, but with the two kids in big, bulky car seats, I needed the bigger car, so I had to sacrifice a little. :p

So pics

1688794999626.png

M9OlLmJ.jpg

ShFKW1k.jpg

WMKLhat.jpg

9E24E0s.jpg

OMluThX.jpg

Vt6CyDp.jpg

VgsmBUK.jpg
Reactions: P40E

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So... I got shafted...

I think I've posted in here that my center carrier bearing was clicking away for awhile now, but for the amount I drive it, it wasn't hurting anything. Well, having it out this season, it's noticeably louder and I knew I was really on borrowed time, so I ramped up searchs. Keep in mind, only 2,503 of these were made, and the shaft was specific to the V. A regular STS shaft can't handle the torque.

So I looked aftermarket. I looked at having a custom one made, all of which were getting pricey... I also kept my eyes out on salvage yard sites. Finally, a couple weeks ago, a low mileage STS-V came in to a shop in Sacramento California, and I ordered it. It got here yesterday. Turns nice and smooth, no noise, nuttin...

MpuD1ec.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

I haven't done a heck of a lot to it since. Carb was sent out and rebuilt. But before I put it on, I want to replace the tank, clean out fuel lines, pump, etc... And I just haven't gotten there yet.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info