🔧 BUILD CMNT does another Holden thing... Again

General Information

Just reserving space for Holden #2 in my life, as I do things to it.

2009 Sport Red Metallic G8 GT.

I don't have many pics, other than the ones I took in the parking garage the other day when someone (John), finally noticed my signature change.

1688794928582.png

fBzwGVJ.jpg

Lgs77xL.jpg

OfMLJjH.jpg

Car does have scuffs/scratches/etc that a 10 year old would. The previous owner must've hit a curb or something really good because the bottom of the front is cracked, and since this was a Florida car, lots of weatherstripping and other dry rotting. However, interior was spotless the car had less than 38k on it when I bought it. Also has the optional (and spotless) 19's and sunroof.

I'm not going to do a ton to it since it is to be a DD. Just more personalization things. Probably just stick to Intake and axle-backs.

Now with more interior pics;

kc5qnOB.jpg

WmY6n1F.jpg

lPS6yXO.jpg

OxdmGtf.jpg

iLn1c6d.jpg

05nV5Hy.jpg

is3K3qm.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Picked these up tonight for what I thought was a good deal. Staggered, midnight silver Camaro SS 20's. They're brand new. It was a high end vehicle dealership up in Lake Forest that had them. The Camaro owner basically bought the car and swapped wheels right away. So I am tempted to hold off until spring and put summer tires on them. We'll see.

Camaro SS Wheels 1.jpg

Last edited:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Still trying to sort out the size I want. It seems like a mixed bag on the G8 board. 275/35/20 or 285/30/20. This choice then also plays in to what front sizes I go with. I'm a little hesitant on the 285's just simply because I fear rubbing as I do use the car as a 4-seater (the kids).

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
Here is how mine looked:

245/35/20 & 275/30/20

The ride wasn't terrible and I used this as my dad mobile. My kids were always in it. Never an issue with rubbing with them, but did have some miner rubbing with adults in back. As happy as I was to have them and with the way they looked...I was much, much happier to get rid of them in favor of the CTS-V wheels. They blew out twice. Each front tire with sidewall damage.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Thread Info