• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch Swap

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
01SVT19 said:
Im ordering a new Centerforce DFX Clutch and was wondering should I order a new Throwout Bearing Reatainer sleeve also or use the stock one?? Should I also get a new Throwout Bearing. Any input would be great Thanks.

yes and yes

they're not that expensive and it's something you don't want to have to replace by itself.. The labor is just not worth it

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Cobra Jack said:
yes and yes

they're not that expensive and it's something you don't want to have to replace by itself.. The labor is just not worth it
The sleeves cost over $100 the bearings are cheap but, is it worth the extra hundred to get a new sleeve too? Or will the stock 03 sleeve hold up car only has 17k on it.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
01SVT19 said:
The sleeves cost over $100 the bearings are cheap but, is it worth the extra hundred to get a new sleeve too? Or will the stock 03 sleeve hold up car only has 17k on it.

Borg Warner sleeve is $27 or something like that. The Mcleod is the $100 one. As long as the stock sleeve is welded all around, it is ok. PM lyle and he may explain it to you.

Mr03Cobra

612rwhp - 590rwtq
May 1, 2007
I have the DFX Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Liberty Gear 26 spline input shaft upgrades. The Centerforce throw out bearing lasted about 3 months, then pulled it out & put in a Factory Ford one. Plus I also added the Collar sleeve for the TB with a hardened Steel one. Was a pain to put in, but with my numbers, I didn't want to take a chance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info