Clutch Swap

01SVT19

Reaction score
Im ordering a new Centerforce DFX Clutch and was wondering should I order a new Throwout Bearing Reatainer sleeve also or use the stock one?? Should I also get a new Throwout Bearing. Any input would be great Thanks.

Jack1

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Im ordering a new Centerforce DFX Clutch and was wondering should I order a new Throwout Bearing Reatainer sleeve also or use the stock one?? Should I also get a new Throwout Bearing. Any input would be great Thanks.
yes and yes

they're not that expensive and it's something you don't want to have to replace by itself.. The labor is just not worth it

hoofnit1

Reaction score
Clutch

I would put a pilot bearing in it also.
John

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
I agree throwout bearings are a dime a dozen I went 40,000 miles on the factory before it bought the farm....

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
Cobra Jack said:
yes and yes

they're not that expensive and it's something you don't want to have to replace by itself.. The labor is just not worth it
The sleeves cost over $100 the bearings are cheap but, is it worth the extra hundred to get a new sleeve too? Or will the stock 03 sleeve hold up car only has 17k on it.

Mystic Terminator

Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
The sleeves cost over $100 the bearings are cheap but, is it worth the extra hundred to get a new sleeve too? Or will the stock 03 sleeve hold up car only has 17k on it.
Borg Warner sleeve is $27 or something like that. The Mcleod is the $100 one. As long as the stock sleeve is welded all around, it is ok. PM lyle and he may explain it to you.

Mr03Cobra

612rwhp - 590rwtq
Reaction score
I have the DFX Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Liberty Gear 26 spline input shaft upgrades. The Centerforce throw out bearing lasted about 3 months, then pulled it out & put in a Factory Ford one. Plus I also added the Collar sleeve for the TB with a hardened Steel one. Was a pain to put in, but with my numbers, I didn't want to take a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom