• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch Quad/FA

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
Get the quick release version. It adds some effective pedal travel to the clutch linkage system. These cars need all they can get.

Thanks Dana... I was reading on here and svtp and it all seems jumbled up and tons of people opinions could not get a straight answer on what the differences are? Anyway you can explain what the double hook does that many say is better or the single will be fine?

I just hate the clutch grabbing like 1/4 from the floor and shifting gets harder the longer I drive the car.

The link I posted is that a good one to go with? Seems like all the others are in the $80-90 dollar range:dunno::dunno:

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
i got the double hook and the adj, cable on mine and starts to grab at about half the pedal travel back from the floor...

also get the freeplay spring kit as well or the pedal will rattle and drive u insane

Thanks I think im going to go with the lethal performance one. Seems like many people go with the quick release. What made you get the double hook over the quick release?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Do not get an adjustable cable. They are trouble prone and their life expectancy is very short. Keep the stock cable, it is the best one out there.
The Fiore adjuster is a nice piece and locks automatically as you adjust it. It's worth the extra money.
Get the freeplay kit too.
I can only assume that the double hook version is supposed to allow more adjustability for certain applications.
Their is only a limited amount of travel in the Mustang linkage setup/design and the Q.R. quadrant makes the most of it. It is almost mandatory with an aftermarket clutch.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Do not get an adjustable cable. They are trouble prone and their life expectancy is very short. Keep the stock cable, it is the best one out there.
The Fiore adjuster is a nice piece and locks automatically as you adjust it. It's worth the extra money.
Get the freeplay kit too.
I can only assume that the double hook version is supposed to allow more adjustability for certain applications.
Their is only a limited amount of travel in the Mustang linkage setup/design and the Q.R. quadrant makes the most of it. It is almost mandatory with an aftermarket clutch.

+1. Dan knows alot about this stuff. Aftermarket cables r junk(speaking from experience). They have twice the pedal effort and snap often, stay w stock. Also don't use Steeda or upr firewall adjusters. The Steeda always works it's way loose, the upr has a jam nut but you can't extend it far enough it hits the valve cover due to it's large circumfrance. I went w fiore still waiting for it to come.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info