• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Clutch Help

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Here's the deal.

There is a guy on SVTP wanting to trade my Diff cooling kit for a Clutch of my choice. Here is the list of everything he said in the PM.

I want to know if you guys think it is worth it, and what clutch out of them all would be good for a pullied Cobra now, and later on to be modded with a TS of some sort.

I am thinking about it. He suggested going with the Spec Stage 2 with teh 26 Spline.

Originally Posted by SVECobraR
Here's a list of the clutch's i currently have.

Centerforce Dual Friction 10 spline w/ pressure plate 600 miles

Centerforce Dual Friction 26 spline w/ pressure plate 600 miles

Centerforce Dual Friction 10 splince disk 900 miles

Spec Stage 2 + (Puck Design) w/ pressure plate 600 miles

2 03/04 Cobra Aluminum flywheels one with 600 miles and the other with 900 miles.

Then, he said I would need to get a few things. Here is the rest of the PM.

For you application the Spec would be the best choice, most termie guys love the spec 2+ and 3. This one is rated 660tq but it has smooth engagement and easier pedal feel then the stock termie unit. The spec has the clutch disk, pressure plate, and i can throw in the flywheel (which is your stock unit but alot newer) all you would need is a throw out bearing 25-40 bucks depending on the brand and i would recommend a new roller pilot bearing 15-25 bucks.

You could also pick up a aftermarket quadrant and adjuster, which you probably already have and the ldc clutch freeplay mod which i like.

If you pay the shipping on the the kit i'll pay shipping on my kit and you will only need like 30-50 worth of parts for a complete kit, i have a 10spline alignment tool also that i can throw in, they are like 3 dollars anyway.

So, what do you guys think?

-Chris

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
dont buy a used clutch.....

puck style...

0904gmhtp_02_z+centerforce_dfx_clutch+for_c4_corvettes.jpg

standard style...

23584d1170735217-new-king-cobra-clutch-quandrant-firewall-adjuster-nitrous-kit-awaiting-install-clutch_and_nitrous_01.jpg

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
1st of all IMO I would not put a used clutch in my car!

Why are they out of the car already? 600 miles how do you know they aren't 16,000 miles? These are some of the things I would b asking myself.

This is your lifeline of putting down your power to the pavement, so why skip corners? Cut corners by buying used cai or used car back!

Staying w 10 spline clutch is prob not a good idea if you plan on a ts. I used a spec 3+ and it was a good clutch street friendly but I burned it up. I'm now on a centerforce dfx and love it. Not as easy on street but great strip clutch plus less chatter. And stick with a factory style flywheel aluminum is not worth it it will drop revvs way to fast making it harder to shift.

Good luck and hope this helps.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I honestly have no clue about clutches. I do not know what a Puck style clutch is, etc.

Anyhow, I am not going for it. A guy wants to buy my diff cooling kit. Knock on wood the deal doesn't fall through.

Don't hesitate and ask, or just do a search! There is so much information o. These cars it will make your head hurt, but it can also be usefull and help guide you and prevent you from making costly mistakes that some of have made. You can set up your car right the 1st time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info