Clunk when lifting off throttle?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Guys, my FWD 2003 Cadillac Seville has developed a clunk when I lift off the throttle. It's not severe yet but it needs to be fixed. I'm guessing a mount or bushing or something like that. From inside the car the noise seems to be coming from the rear but I know noises can be deceptive. If I lift off throttle very gently, the car does not clunk. Lift abruptly and it clunks.

Edit: It's actually more of a click than a clunk. Heavy click. Maybe a clack? No, it's a heavy click. :smile:

Advice?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have no garage down here and my driveway slopes a little. I can jack up a car but it's not the easiest thing to work underneath especially with the fire ants. Never know when a new nest is going to show up next to the driveway and the bastards find you.

I may have to bite the bullet and take it to the neighborhood Tuffy for diagnosis and possibly repair. I'm trying to form a relationship with those guys because they are better than other shops I have tried. No way am I bringing the car anywhere near a dealer. I could buy another used Caddy cheaper than what they would charge.

I do have some high speed vibration as well so the problem could be the mount, a bushing or both. I was hoping someone like you would have an easy fix. I'll do some more research on the motor mount fix and think about pulling the car apart next week after dusting the driveway area for ants. Thanks again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list