YouTube Cleetus McFarland (@garrett_1320video)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Once you get past the obnoxious act, Garrett and his crew show off a lot of knowledge and well-documented, entertaining builds. He recently built a blown big block third gen as a burnout car, shipping it to Australia's Summer Nats and competing in their burnout competition. They blew up an engine, replaced it down under, and kept on skidding down there. He was uploading videos in real time, too, so there was only a couple hours between all this stuff going down, and viewers being able to go through it with him. Lots of credit for that kind of production turnaround.

Right now, they're building a microvan, swapping the four-cylinder for a 400-plus whp rotary engine. And each day, a video is uploaded with progress and within only a couple of days they have it up and running on the dyno.

I think my favorite build of theirs is the LSX T56 Nascar truck, which started as a H/C LS1 when they bought it before they swapped in a Texas Speed LS7 and made 600-plus whp.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GARRETTmitch/videos

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I love a lot of the content these guys put out, subscribed but watch maybe 30-40% of what they post. Super entertaining. Enjoyed all the ruby stuff, leroy in the wind tunnel, the electric turbos on the cobalt recently was a good laugh, sport bike motor golf carts. Lots of LOL's

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I love a lot of the content these guys put out, subscribed but watch maybe 30-40% of what they post. Super entertaining. Enjoyed all the ruby stuff, leroy in the wind tunnel, the electric turbos on the cobalt recently was a good laugh, sport bike motor golf carts. Lots of LOL's

The electric turbo series is actually what hooked me. I stumbled across it while digging into OEM 48-volt e-turbo applications.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
It took a little bit to get through the act, but his channel is awesome, he seems to have an endless pit of cash to throw money at, and builds some awesome stuff. He raced Finnegan and the Roadkill ramp truck in his 12v swapped Galaxie, and has random other YT’ers on his channel. Was happy to see the Vargas brothers stop in to help out with the mystery machine...will definitely be watching the link in the OP tomorrow

Hell yea brother!

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
It took a little bit to get through the act, but his channel is awesome, he seems to have an endless pit of cash to throw money at, and builds some awesome stuff. He raced Finnegan and the Roadkill ramp truck in his 12v swapped Galaxie, and has random other YT’ers on his channel. Was happy to see the Vargas brothers stop in to help out with the mystery machine...will definitely be watching the link in the OP tomorrow

Hell yea brother!
He’s making them YouTube duckets

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Clicks and ads make some big money. He’s about the only one I can stand other than Adam LZ (and he’s iffy).

Adam LZ's car cleaning awkwardness bothers me. He has done multiple series with Obsessed garage and it's like he doesn't retain certain information.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Things he says mostly. His tag lines that get repeated over and over. (hell yeah brother, twin turbskies, etc..)

Yes, I know that's my opinion. But he grew up an hour East of me. I don't think I've ever met him, unless it was many years ago at a dyno day or something.

It started out as a parody character, and just sort of grew from there. He’s more or less acting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info