3800 Cleaning my garage today

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

It's really getting crazy. So I have 6 throttle bodies of different variety. I have enough materials to make several FWI's. Guages, 3 pumps for IC's, Ignition box's for MSD's, a Holley 750 DP, fabricating supplies like you wouldn't believe. The list goes on and on. Plus I have several unfinished projects to do on the car, all of which I have complete parts to do. I had to seperate the projects into bins to keep all the stuff together.

I just said fudge it, and chucked so much crap today you wouldn't believe. I need to have a fire sale soon for all the rest of the crap! We moved in this house in December of 2003...my wife's parked her car in the garage twice in all that time.

Sorry, had to vent...12 hours of cleaning today, and I'm no where near finished! She says I can't start anymore projects until she can park in there!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by rob@Feb 5 2005, 07:29 PM
I may need the 750 Dper for the 462 im building.

How much? What condition (how old) is it?
[snapback]70517[/snapback]​
I'll sell it cheap, it really needs a rebuild. The chokes milled off, and the entire thing is unassembled. It's got 50cc squiters front/back, hollow accelerator pump screws. I started to polish it, but never finished. I got a lot of good use from it on a built 428 Pontiac. It worked perfectly fine when I tore it down to store it. I got it about 15 years ago, and it hasn't been used for about 13-14 years. Kinda odd story with it...
I sold my '77 GP to a friend, he wanted a new Carb for it, and I had no licence. So I bought his racing 10 speed bike for $150, and he bought a 750 vac secondaries. In 3 months I got my licence back and he lost his, so I traded him the bike for the carb. I held onto it for several years, to use for a motor build. I finally put it on the 428, but no amount of tuning would get it dialed in. A guy at my work had a son with a brand new 750 dbl pump, and it was too much for his car, so we ended up trading straight up. Which worked out, because at that time they were going for over $400 new, and the vac secondaries were only $150. NICE.

Anyway, I'll never use the thing. If you want it, you can have it for $50. Even if you just rebuild it and throw it up on ebay you could make a few bucks on it.
Just let me know.

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Feb 5 2005, 06:15 PM
Sorry, had to vent...12 hours of cleaning today, and I'm no where near finished! She says I can't start anymore projects until she can park in there!
[snapback]70512[/snapback]​

I was cleaning up in the garage today, too, except it's not mine. My boss was letting me keep everything in the garage at work the last few years (I live in an apartment, no space for all of it). I just kept going to the junkyard, and piling things up there. Some of it is for keeps, some of it is to put up on eBay. Well....we move the store at the end of this month, so I'm loosing that space. :mellow: I've been kinda' doing like you today, going through all the stuff, and a lot of it I was like ehh....screw it *enter loud thump from item hitting the bottom of the dumpster*. I've probably got about 40 rear view mirrors alone of all sorts and variety. about 10 Chrysler overhead consoles, and a whole mess of other stuff. I usually throw things up on eBay immediately after a junkyard trip, but this past year has just been nutty schedule wise, especially with the addition of the GPs to work on. So....now I have to cram in a year's worth of eBaying into a few weeks. I took photos of about 20 items today that I will put up tomorrow, hopefully. It was a pain staking process of finding everything that went together for each auction (ie HUD unit, HUD dashpad, and dimmer switch), cleaning it off quickly, photographing it, and writing down which auction it will be (1-20) because I'm going to pack everything up ahead of time, and have it ready to ship. But with all I did today, it's not even a dent in all the stuff I need to get rid of. Then I gotta' find a fairly inexpensive storage for the stuff I'm gonna keep. Have an entire spare TGP engine, tranny, and radiator (need those with a TGP; the radiator alone is over $1,500 from GM :mellow: ), 3 full interiors, a spare full AWD STE drive train.....geez...I don't even want to think about the rest. I'll sell off as much as I can of the stuff I don't need before the move, and get as small of a room as will fit for everything else. But damn, it's going to be a LOT of work over the next few weeks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info