Cleaned up the Trailblazer SS

93R-Code

Yesterday I spent about eight hours detailing the DD TBSS, washed exterior and engine bay, clay bar, cleaner wax, glaze, carpet shampoo and applied leather conditioner. Only thing left to do is clean inside the wheels and detail the brakes. I should have taken some "before" pics, it hasn't had a good cleaning since last fall. The shitty camera I used and the overcast sky don't do it any justice.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
The more I see those trucks, the more I think I want to trade in the GTO for one. It's a little more practical for me to have with hauling around my race bikes and what not. On the other hand though the GTO is so much fun.... What to do? What to do?

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Reaction score
^^^ ya i hear ya. the more i see clean tbss, the more i want one. haha.

OP

93R-Code

The more I see those trucks, the more I think I want to trade in the GTO for one. It's a little more practical for me to have with hauling around my race bikes and what not. On the other hand though the GTO is so much fun.... What to do? What to do?
Keep the Goat and pick up a TBSS as your daily. They're practical, relatively fast, you can tow with it and if you get AWD they're decent in the snow. On the down side the gas mileage is horrible, about 15 hwy with a light foot.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Reaction score
nice silver ss!

they are fun, but yeah, gas aint great with it. i can get like 16-17 on highway with drivin between 60-70. city sucks.

very clean. gotta clean mine up soon.

OP

93R-Code

nice silver ss!

they are fun, but yeah, gas aint great with it. i can get like 16-17 on highway with drivin between 60-70. city sucks.

very clean. gotta clean mine up soon.
Thanks,

I like the black wheels on yours. If I have any more issues with the clear coat on the wheels (GM has already refinished them once under warranty) I'm going to get them powder coated gunmetal.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Reaction score
Very nice!

I was torn between a TBSS and a G8 as my daily. Went with the G8 as I'm a little more preferable to cars, and the fuel mileage is almost twice as good. There are times I wish I had gone with the TBSS, though, as any time I take long trips my dog crate takes up the whole back seat.

Xtant12

Reaction score
Looking good. I like the Lightning aswell. I want a TB SS!

OP
E

ez112

The Trailblazer looks good, but I can't help but stare at the DSG personally. :)

Anymore info on that?

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
I swear a TBSS will be my next DD.

looks great!
I would like to agree with you but the MPGs are rough for a DD and it isn't exactly a workhorse when it comes to towing or utility.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Then you are good to go, as long as you can avoid the very contagious TBSS mod bug...

I know if I bought one it would not stay stock.

OP

93R-Code

The Trailblazer looks good, but I can't help but stare at the DSG personally. :)

Anymore info on that?
It's pretty much stock, just 4lb lower and a tune. Runs high 12s in full street trim.

OP
E

ez112

Awesome. Better than mine. Assload of bolt ons and high 12s

DSG is definitely my top choice in Lightning. True Blue is a super close second.

OP

93R-Code

Awesome. Better than mine. Assload of bolt ons and high 12s

DSG is definitely my top choice in Lightning. True Blue is a super close second.
Thanks,

My first choice was Sonic Blue. Do you hang out over at NLOC?

OP
E

ez112

Sometimes. I usually just check out the ILLness area and brisk the classifieds.

SVTP usually where add most of my input, search for info, and ask questions. It's been a very helpful site. Off topic is good as well. :jihad:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom