Cleaned throttle body and seafoamed a 06 hemi magnum. Car won't start

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
My brother sea foamed his 06 hemi magnum. The sea foam was added the the... Brake booster hose? I dunno exactly what it's called. There was a big smoke show and then the car was shut off. During the smoke show there was revving and letting the engine idle throughout the 5 minutes or so. The car sat for 5 minutes. It's been about 2 hours now and the engine will not turn. The is absolutely no sound of the engine trying to turn other than a click at begining. Anyone have any input or ideas what's going on?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good. Not sure... Can you turn it by hand w/the crank bolt? :dunno:

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
Did he read the instructions. Should of been fine. But I don't see why he used it on a newer vehicle unless it has a retarded amount of miles

OP
Freebeer187

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Eagle do you mean pull all the spark plugs and try to start it via the key without the plugs? There are 16 plugs...

OP
Freebeer187

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Did he read the instructions. Should of been fine. But I don't see why he used it on a newer vehicle unless it has a retarded amount of miles
On the families cars we have been doing the same exact method for sea foaming. Never any problems.

OP
Freebeer187

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
Good news. We read some dodge forums and messed with some fuses. We reset the PCM and it started up like a champ!!

THEHKP7M13

Reaction score

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Glad it started right up. I would feel really bad if you did something simple like that and it fucked up the whole car. That's why I haven't done it to mine.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Reaction score
maybe people who don't know what a brake booster vacuum line shouldn't be introducing 'foreign substances' to their damn near new cars. keep the modification of cars to the people who know wtf they are doing.

next time i'd recommend reading up on whatever ur doing to the car before you do it. someone somewhere has probably done it before and can save you the hassle before you enter into it

TraptPatriot

Reaction score
maybe people who don't know what a brake booster vacuum line shouldn't be introducing 'foreign substances' to their damn near new cars. keep the modification of cars to the people who know wtf they are doing.

next time i'd recommend reading up on whatever ur doing to the car before you do it. someone somewhere has probably done it before and can save you the hassle before you enter into it
No need to be a dick. At least he has the initiative to try new things...

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see this as being a dick. Research is key.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
Like no one on here said something "dick head" like before.....

Suck a DICK, TraptPatriot :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom