98GrandPrixIraqVet Mustang Story Time

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Im still a little besides myself sorry people.

Im super happy I got a 2018 and this 10 speed is fucking glorious! The 10 speed hype is real.

I just dont feel like I deserve this car.

Yet anyways. Feels a bit odd at the moment maybe I just have a heavy concience.

Don’t deserve the car? The hell is wrong with you? You sound like a confused chick.

Start the new thread.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Ok. Ok. Ok. Heres the new thread for my new 2018 10 speed 5.0.

At least this time I got the color right! I wanted white the 1st time around when I got my Triple Yellow 2016 5.0 that I ended up destroying. Rolled it once and trashed my baby. The yellow car was a deployment gift to myself when I got back from Afghanistan. It kills me that cars gone. But it certianly could have been worse. The car did its job keeping me in one piece.

I will miss that 2016. The color really grew on me too. Had a Cobra Jet intake manifold on Flex/E85 with X pipe and Roush exhaust tuned by AED. Damn setup lasted almost 2 whole months...... :fu:

The White 2018 I hope to have either a F1 procharger or whipple on by next summer.

Debating on blue stripes with black pinstripe or just black roof and black spoiler but thats pretty common for white mustangs it seems.

I actually really like the stock chrome 19s and emblems. Blacked out wheels are played out. :chair: Unfortunately these still come with trash Pzeros on the 19s. :picard:

Not many pics yet of the white car yet. Initial driving impression is 1st of all the 10 speed makes this thing feel like a damn space ship!! 10 speed hype is real! Its totally different feeling as it climbs through the gears.

1st things done forsure will be Mak cat deletes since those never made it onto the yellow car and either an X or H pipe. :dunno: last car had X. I think Ill keep stock mufflers and the 2018s sound entirely different too but the stock tips gotta go.

Also I called SCT and they said they would unlock my SCT X4 update it and send it back for free I just gotta send it in.

Tune and exhaust should be plenty for now and cost very little to get done. X/H pipes are cheap and Ill just have to pick a tuner once the SCT is unlocked.

20180819_175835(0).jpg20180816_201410.jpg20180912_141144.jpg20180912_190911.jpg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Ohh I suppose I forgot its a pretty loaded 2018 minus the big lcd dash. Same options as the 2016 heated/cooled leather, touch screen, sat radio, backup camera, autostart, and 3.15 gears.

Most important payments less than the last car LOL.

I got it about 4k under MSRP for 38k from Luther Ford in Fargo ND.

I honestly didnt think it would happen yellow car still shows up on my credit and total loss from usaa and gap isnt completelt cleared off. I just brought proof of total loss and my GAP coverage info from the dealership.

I used the tax credit from wreck to cover TTL on new one and got 750 cash rebates from USAA and Ford Military Appreciation. Thanks USAA and Ford! :fy:

GAP owes me another $500 for deductible reimbursement too. :fy: again.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Congrats :bigthumb: We had a 10-speed car for a few months, and at first the trans was iffy, but after the new cal update and resetting the learning, it was a different car. I ran 11.9 in that thing. The PP1’s Pilot Sport 4S tires are phenomenal. Took brake torquing and WOT launches with no spin on a prepped track.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Why didn’t you do the $39k whipple package from Lebanon?

I have fuck its I need it know syndrome. Apparently [MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION] has it too?

Anyways I was quoted and sent a bill of sale from Beechmont Ford for a base A10 blue whipple car for 46k

Few things.

1. This was close to me 80 miles away in Fargo ND straight blast down I-29.
2. It was almost 10k cheaper than the whipple car for a fairly loaded car with leather seats heated/cooled seats and touchscreen dash.
3. Almost 10k less than Beechmont car means zero down and its less payment than what I was paying on yellow car.
4. I have the fuck its bad and I couldnt handle being without a car or daily driving my thunderbird.
5. The numbers worked so I took it home.
6. No regrets 46k would have required waiting and some downpayment to keep a sane payment plus Id have to fly and get it then drive it home.

Money saved and get car now. Plus I still want a centri car so realllly want to do F1 procharger. Im sure a D1X would throw down over 800 on E85 easy enought too.

Ill pickup a FI kit on black friday is the goal :noes:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
:bigthumb: Dark window tints and black wheels stat! Oh and if you should happen to craaaash this one you better be ready to rage quit like ZXstang because you can bet we will be busting your ball's like you wouldn't believe! :trump: hahaha

Ball up this one Ill be walking...... Nah just kidding this one has GAP aswell + 4k towards replacement added on too through USAA.

If youre going to be dumb at least best have good insurance.......

Thread Info