Civil War reenactment in Lombard July 23 & 24

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
6th annual Civil War reenactment in Lombard.

Lots of cannons, gunfire etc. Good times. Thought I'd share.

Civil War Reenactment in Lombard - Jul 23, 2016 to Jul 24, 2016 - Event Detail | Oaklee's Family Guide

<snip>
Event Description:
The Lombard Historical Society will host the sixth annual Lombard’s Civil War Reenactment on Saturday and Sunday, July 23 and 24 at Four Seasons Park in Lombard. This family friendly event is open from 10am – 4pm on both days, and will feature both Confederate and Union soldiers recreating an 1863 military campsite, military drills and demonstrations, cannon fire, Civil War era music and games, and other activities. Stanford's Battery is the host unit for the event. On Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 am and 2:30 pm, visitors can witness a skirmish between North and South. At 7pm on Friday July 22, the Helen M. Plum Memorial Library will be co-hosting a Civil War and More Trivia night. The trivia will take place in the main tent at Four Seasons Park and is open to the public. There is no charge for the contest; popcorn will be available for a $1 donation. Also featured will be the 1st Brigade Band, a musical group composed of volunteers associated with the Wisconsin Historical Society. The band performs brass music from the time period, on antique instruments. Stanford’s Battery is a seasoned reenacting unit that has been performing in regional events and parades for many years. They interpret a Confederate battery unit from Mississippi and have several cannons in the unit. In the past they have been invited to be part of local and regional reenactments, and one of their cannons was featured in the movie Glory. Stanford’s is always looking for Civil War history enthusiasts to join their ranks. The Lombard Historical Society is requesting a donation of $5 per person at the event; all donations benefit the Lombard Historical Society. Sutlers will be on site selling Civil War themed souvenirs, and food vendors will be on hand as well Saturday and Sunday from 11-3. For more information, call 630-629-1885 or visit LHS Home.
<snip>

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Sounds like the most boring time in the world. But history bores me so yea.

Agreed. Not for everyone. But lots of cannons.....

Put your nose back into your smartphone like everyone else I guess. It has been said that those who ignore history are cursed with repeating it.

My family was still in Europe in 1865, so I don't have a dog in that fight, but IMO the wrong team won and that's why we have this clusterfuck of a cuntry now.

Thread Info

• zenriddles
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list