City of McHenry legalizes SXS/UTV's & Golf carts for city use.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
step in the right direction.

official map. red is no go, yellow is where you can cross "major" roads.

official requirements

i know you guys closer to the city will never see anything cool like this :s00ls: :s00ls: :s00ls: but fuck yeah.... i hope everyone is respectful and it goes well this first year so year two more routes/areas can open, getting over the bridge would be hyyuuuuge and also riverside drive would be sweet.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I mean it's a start at the very least. Once businesses/politicians realize how many motherfuckers have spent untold tens of thousands of dollars on these things and the revenue they bring in both from the registration and ease of hopping in that thing and just cruising the bars/shopping, it'll start to ease up on the restrictions.

Provided Kyle stays on the fucking designated trails/paths.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A lot of restrictions there. Also the price is kinda high. But I do agree, its a step in the right directions. Is there a lot of golf karts in the area? Is that why this went into effect?

i think the restrictions on the unit are SUPER reasonable, no DOT tires, nothing about wipers, a windshield, actual sound levels, etc.

the map is limited but from my old house i could have made it "downtown" and to a few gas stations, which would have been sweet.

hundo first year, 50 every year after, i think it's alright.

this likely went into effect because the town has a young mayor right now making fucking moves, it's pretty fucking awesome, new restaurants, stores, parks, etc. he's getting shit done. basically a trump on a small town level :rofl:

I mean it's a start at the very least. Once businesses/politicians realize how many motherfuckers have spent untold tens of thousands of dollars on these things and the revenue they bring in both from the registration and ease of hoping in that thing and just cruising, it'll start to ease up on the restrictions.

Provided Kyle stays on the fucking designated trails/paths.

yeeeeppp
i mean, even think of possibility of increased home values, im way more interested in homes over there again now with this :rofl:

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
The actual vehicle requirements I don't have a problem with but the required annual safety inspection, insurance (which I guess is understandable), speed limit, limited hours, limited street access is kinda bogus if you ask me. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to run to the gas station?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The actual vehicle requirements I don't have a problem with but the required annual safety inspection, insurance (which I guess is understandable), speed limit, limited hours, limited street access is kinda bogus if you ask me. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump through to run to the gas station?

safety inspection, cop comes to you, that seems pretty easy.
insurance? it'd be idiotic not to have that be a requirement
speed limit? just like normal cars? :rofl: this can't be a complaint dude.
6am-930pm isn't that bad, nothing good is going to happen on a sxs on city streets after 930pm.
limited street access- again- this is a trial run, if it goes well more streets/areas will be added. either way it's 10000x more than anywhere else (sans johnsburg) is really doing for these things around here.

looking at the map, it'd be easy to get to at least 4 if not more gas stations. probably 20+ restaurants within a 100 yard walk of parking... it's fucking sweet.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i mean from anywhere not in the super restricted areas (south of bull valley road, or north of 120, east of rt31 north, you can make it to a marina, a golf course, multiple restaurants, gas stations, a public pool, many parks, a movie theater, the river walk, multiple grocery stores, a few car washes at least 5 schools etc.

they connect those two "restricted areas" by crossing one road for each and it opens a lot more up.

edit... shit, you can even make it to two gun ranges and a gun store.

:FUCKYEAHAMERICA:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
FRG has had a ATV/Golf Cart policy for years. My neighbors all have golf carts (some side by sides) and cruise around on nice days. You can drive anywhere except on 14 but can cross at a few intersections. So you can pretty much get everywhere you want. I think its more of a novelty than anything. City also makes money for the stickers and probably loves ticketing people for not having the right equipment.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
FRG has had a ATV/Golf Cart policy for years. My neighbors all have golf carts (some side by sides) and cruise around on nice days. You can drive anywhere except on 14 but can cross at a few intersections. So you can pretty much get everywhere you want. I think its more of a novelty than anything. City also makes money for the stickers and probably loves ticketing people for not having the right equipment.
are sxs's allowed?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
it's more of a novelty than anything to you because FRG legitimately has 0 to offer to go to. :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
it's more of a novelty than anything to you because FRG legitimately has 0 to offer to go to. :rofl:

Bars, Restaurants, gas stations, train station, grocery store, autoparts store, hardware store, carwash, schools, marina, parks/beach. Yeah no movie theater or golf course but I cannot think of a place in FRG you cannot access. My neighbors seriously drive their golf carts from one side of the street to the other. Its so stupid, they rarely take them anywhere. Except my neighbor Steve he takes the RZR to pickup his kids at school. :rofl:

Edit: Actually looking at a map Grovers and Sticks (Bar/Restaurants) would require you to walk a few hundred feet since you can't drive ON 14.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Bars, Restaurants, gas stations, train station, grocery store, autoparts store, hardware store, carwash, schools, marina, parks/beach. Yeah no movie theater or golf course but I cannot think of a place in FRG you cannot access. My neighbors seriously drive their golf carts from one side of the street to the other. Its so stupid, they rarely take them anywhere. Except my neighbor Steve he takes the RZR to pickup his kids at school. :rofl:

Edit: Actually looking at a map Grovers and Sticks (Bar/Restaurants) would require you to walk a few hundred feet since you can't drive ON 14.
id love to be able to hit at a minimum a self wash and gas station, that'd be sweet. my sxs is filthy right now and i have 0 desire to get my pressure washer out for it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info