đź“° Auto News Chrysler Could Be On The Chopping Block Following PSA Merger: Report

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Citroën, DS, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall. No fewer than 14 brands are under the Stellantis umbrella as part of a vast portfolio belonging to what will now be known as the fourth-largest car manufacturer. FCA and PSA shareholders voted for the mega-merger yesterday and Stellantis will go officially official later this month.

With Peugeot and Citroën shaking hands with Fiat and Chrysler, industry experts are now analyzing which brands will survive in the Stellantis era and which ones will be axed. Reports from Associated Press and Automotive News claim Chrysler could face the chopping block due to its basic lineup with just two models – the aging 300 sedan and the Pacifica / Voyager minivan.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Yup, got rid of the 200 a few years back. leaving only the Pacifica and the de-contented version of the Pacifica called the Voyager as well as the 300. On the 300, they scaled back the trims on that, hence no Hellcat version.

My guess is though, that the vans live on just under a different badge. They are a top seller for them and at the top, if not the leader of the class.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
72rqmxhjcib51.png

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I do love that van in orange with the black wheels but it’s time for Chrysler to go. Shit Pontiac was badass in my opinion but lost because Buick sells in China.

Can’t really remember the last time someone said they were going to look at a Chrysler to buy lol

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I do love that van in orange with the black wheels but it’s time for Chrysler to go. Shit Pontiac was badass in my opinion but lost because Buick sells in China.

Can’t really remember the last time someone said they were going to look at a Chrysler to buy lol

friend owns a Chrysler dodge, jeep, ram dealer, he said he would only take the minimum Chrysler allocations as needed to make the factory happy, so he could get more jeep and ram allocations. Playing the factory games to get new cars.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Dang. I didn't realize that they were only down to two either.

This is only my opinion, but Chrysler just doesn't give me the same luxury stigma the same way that Cadillac or Lincoln does. I only ever think of dirty minivans, wannabe thugs in clapped out 300Cs, and chain smoking "cool" moms in their leaking Sebring convertibles. Having a well optioned Dodge or Jeep isn't really something to look down on in comparison to Chrysler anymore.

I'm so confused by the whole Opel/Vauxhall deal though. I remember GM selling them to PSA, but will this mean that Buick is soon to be completely retooled or axed? Super far fetched idea for sure, but is it now possible to have Buick/GMC dealer and FCA/PSA dealer with the same cars in the showroom? o_O :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Big business is weird.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
There are levels of "upscaleness" in the Chrysler vs. a Dodge. I can speak to the vans, because we've had both Caravan's and T&C's of roughly the same vintage between our families and their is an obvious step up in "appointments" between the two as well as features.

Between our two 2015 vans, one a Dodge and our Chrysler;
- HID's
- nicer (softer) leather
- heated rear seats
- nicer faux wood trim
- push start
- digital HVAC
- the upgraded stereo's with that U-connect stuff and mygig hard drive
- nicer "super console" that comes standard in the trim level Chrysler we have
- Interior ambient blue LED lighting that runs the length of the overhead console
- Power third row seat which includes the "tailgate seat" function.

Then when my sister got in a wreck with the Caravan, they ended up getting a 2015 T&C Touring, and there are readily visible differences between that and our Limited Platinum model. Quick ones off the top of my head were infotainment, a regular key vs. push start, leather quality, overhead consoles (with that previously mentioned full length blue LED ambient lighting), no heated second row seats, no power 3rd row seat, etc...

I'm sure there are a few others I am forgetting. Now with that said, you CAN option many of those things in the Dodge, but when you do that, you start losing the value proposition that the Dodge product offered vs. the Chrysler which has all the bells and whistles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info