Christmas dinner had arrived!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
22945daf2829f15a468afdceab21f591.jpg

I will be updating this as the days go on. Tomorrow I'm going to pull it out trim it and rub it.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I was going to smoke a pork shoulder I had in the fridge for a week or two. I got the smoker fired up and came inside to get the pork ready when I opened the package it smelled weird. I checked the date and it was one day over the use by date on the label. I didnt want to chance it and through it away. So I had to go shopping on the weekend and it was crazy busy. I got a bunch other things and just wanted to get out of the store when I got to the meat section so I didnt take the time to read the label on the flat I bought. After I got home I thought fuck it we will see what happens. Well its not good and that sucks because it was smoked perfect and cut like butter. Each slice had great flavor and was crazy tender but it was like you put a salt pellet in your mouth.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
it will be i'd bet

i freeze shit typically asap if im not going to use it right away.

tomorrow im doing a turkey breast, a prime rib, and a sirloin tip roast.

We froze it but then defrosted in fridge and it spent a few extra days in there due to going out to eat more than expected.

Wifey is trying a new seasoning recipe so it should be a good dinner.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I was going to smoke a pork shoulder I had in the fridge for a week or two. I got the smoker fired up and came inside to get the pork ready when I opened the package it smelled weird. I checked the date and it was one day over the use by date on the label. I didnt want to chance it and through it away. So I had to go shopping on the weekend and it was crazy busy. I got a bunch other things and just wanted to get out of the store when I got to the meat section so I didnt take the time to read the label on the flat I bought. After I got home I thought fuck it we will see what happens. Well its not good and that sucks because it was smoked perfect and cut like butter. Each slice had great flavor and was crazy tender but it was like you put a salt pellet in your mouth.

Got ya! For some reason I was thinking you just didn't know it was corned. I was like damn! That's pretty dense!

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
We froze it but then defrosted in fridge and it spent a few extra days in there due to going out to eat more than expected.

Wifey is trying a new seasoning recipe so it should be a good dinner.

Its all about the total time it spent above 40 degrees. Like if was at the end of its sell by date when you bought it, and how much it warmed up before it was frozen, etc. Its probably fine, or you might get the shits. lol

Im doing a pork shoulder on the grill for xmas. Pork Barrel BBQ rub, 250 degrees on the grill for like 8 hours. Side of garlic parmesan mashed potatoes and brussel spouts halved and fried with cubed pork belly. Now im hard too. :wackit:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info