Christmas dinner had arrived!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Just checked the temp, flew right past the stall and sitting at 177.

She's looking good.

f8676f8249c3be3d085ea7618065efd6.jpg

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I envy that tim.. how you didn't have to wrap it halfway or inject amazes me

Why I thank you.... I've been smoking shit for a few years now and know what works.

I'll quote: Aron Franklin, if you're lookin you ain't cooking.

For a good smoke for a long tough price of meat like a brisket, you need fat, temperature and moisture.

I always go an hour per pound, leave good fat on my meats and always, 250* maximum.

This brisket started out at 11.20 pounds, I trimmed about a pound of fat off maybe a little more.

I always start my smokes with the meat cold right out of the fridge. And start with my smoker cold, so everything comes up to temp in its own. No artificial "jumps".

This guy only took about 9 hours and 15 minutes, but my smoker was set for 12. At the 6 hour mark I checked the temp in one spot. It was 178, not done. Closed the door and walked away for the next few hours. Just coming back to feed chips.

Once I though it was close I went back out opened it and check the temp in multiple spots. The temps where 195-205. Called it quits and pulled it. It looked good, felt good and smelled good.

Wrapped it in three layers of foil then. Wrapped it in a towel for 2.5 hours and set it in my cooler.

The results are what you see.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Then starting cold will work for you.

I've done them on wood fired, I just change what I do a little bit.

I don't inject, because I have the belief that you are creating holes for juices and fats to run out.

And also placing you're brisket in the middle of the cooking surface with fat up and point towards the heat source helps big time. And of course, water dish.

And you bought a $1000 smoker?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info