Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
But will not actually be playing Wednesday....supposedly. WHY THE FUCK NOT?

EXCLUSIVE: This is the news Addams Family fans have been hoping for since the new Netflix series Wednesday was first announced — Christina Ricci, the actor most closely associated with the title character, will be a major part of the live-action show from Tim Burton.

Ricci, who starred as Wednesday Addams in the Barry Sonenfeld-directed 1990s The Addams Family feature franchise, is a series regular in Wednesday, which is headlined by Jenna Ortega in the title role, Deadline has learned.

Details about Ricci’s role are being kept under wraps to protect the surprise for fans but I can reveal that she plays a new character and not an older version of Wednesday.

I hear Ricci was brought following Thora Birch’s exit amid production. Ricci is playing a new character, who is similar to the one originally played by Birch and will replace it on the show. Ricci has been quietly working on Wednesday for weeks; filming on the MGM-produced series is slated to wrap in Romania at the end of the month.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Gomez was never a fat sack of shit. WTF!!!!
He wasn't exact a slender and trim person.. From the cartoon book that the OG TV show was based on.
1660759499479.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Lots of good covers of it, I do have Sebastians too. David Garrett's is incredible. Actually, all of David Garrett's covers are all amazing, crazy skill with a Violin.

If you liked Bohm's cover, you'd like Hidden Citizens, they have a similar style.

This is my Covers playlist link in Tidal, but not sure if you can view it without logging in. Obviously not free since Tidal is a subscription service.

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 8.54.18 PM.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not at all what I was expecting.
I was expecting a more Addams focused setting. But I like what I see of her as Wednesday.

And I finally got my answer about what character Christina Ricci will be playing. The've been pretty tight lipped about that.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen the Adult Wednesday Addams webisodes, I say watch them, they are great.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Finished this up. Overall it's Ok. Half teen dramedy and half mystery. The twists and turns are pretty easy to figure out. Definitely full of Tim Burton's style and if there are other seasons I would probably watch. Nothing groundbreaking but at least entertaining.

Also if you are hoping for an Addams family show this isn't it. The rest of the family is only in a couple episodes of the season.

Reactions: sktchy

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Binged the shit out of this this weekend. Christina ricci is ? and its actually not a bad watch. It is a bit on the teeny side of things but Tim Burtons style does the Addams family well and it did throw me off towards the 6 or 7th episode. The 8th was more of a shitshow of trying to tie up loose ends with cinematics than anything but I would indeed watch another season.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info