Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
This car would cause major butt-hurt if it came to the US. A 3 Cylinder Yaris decimating basically every single 80's through early 2000's v8 car.

Man the muscle car guys with their matching lawn chairs would be pissed at cruise nights.
Beating 80s and 2000s V8s doesnt take much :rofl:

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

To find out how the two compare, Mat Watson took the full-fledged M2 CS, which packs 39 horsepower more than the standard M2 Competition, and the GR Yaris to a track for a few timed laps. Unsurprisingly, the M2 CS is faster, putting down a baseline lap of 1:12.2. It is a small, performance-focused car with nearly 450 hp to its name, and it is expected to perform well on any track.

Far more surprising is how close he comes in the Yaris. In one lap, the three-cylinder GR Yaris put down a 1:14.1, less than two seconds behind the far more powerful and far more expensive six-cylinder BMW. For comparison, the Yaris beat out a seemingly natural competitor, the Ford Fiesta ST, by over three seconds in the same test.

Reactions: RedBeard

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
There is talks of a Corolla variant that will be released here. But not much is known on its exact specs yet. Probably wont be as hardcore as the GR Yaris, because thats just how it do in the states.
Plus, even if they did release it how many people will pay $40k+ for a Yaris, no matter how well it performs.

The GR Yaris is like one of those Forza or GT builds where you max out everything but HP. Best tires, AWD, suspension, and stock engine.

I mean, at 2800# with 257hp on top its not a rocket, but its. not exactly slow either. But with that low of a HP# its not a top speed monster either, I don't think it would get much past 145mph no matter how much room it was given. Toyota says its top speed is 230kph, only 143mph.

So anything past 115mph probably feels pretty slow. But I bet in the say 40-80mph area and in corners its a riot to drive I bet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info