chop chop

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I spent the better part of this afternoon out in the garage working on the truck. It feelt so good not freezing my ass off and get some non-essential stuff done.

My hitch is now gone, since I cant tow with my suspension or converter. I also removed the over axle section of my exhaust and threw on a turndown. There was a second muffler on the tail pipe section of the exhaust, but it sounded like shit and got axed.

The hitch, exhaust pipe, muffler, and some misc. useless hardware was worth 51lbs 11.75oz. There is another 20lbs of useless brackets hanging around under the truck. That will be a project for another day.:bigthumb:

5f57ic.jpg

24df2u9.jpg

17ai5u.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Sounds the same. I just had that over the axle bend attached to the big muffler and a turndown at the end of that. Just eliminated 5lbs of tubing and clamps. It does vibrate a bit more now since there is 1 less hanger to absorb that. My exhaust has no flex joint in it, and with the cam it does some shaking to say the least.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
U suck, i have pretty much lost as much weight in my car as i can to keep it safe enough for the street and not look like a vogel job and i'll bet it's still pushing over 3500lbs. Fuck dropping the exhaust at the track, all 11lbs of it really won't help me. Cut-out soon to come FTW. Wish i had race truck weight drop, that thing is going to move the fuck out.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Getting some work done on my tune next week, not sure how much "work" its gonna do on motor though. Im just hoping to stay in the low 12.5xx range without running the shorter wheel/tire setup I used to. Its going to be juicin' soon enough and hurting feelings on 20" wheels.

x2 on the keeping it safe for the street thing. There was a lot more metal I could have taken with the hitch, but I left most of the bumper support in tact. Probably another 30lbs under there that is still part of the hitch.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Thats some solid weight reduction. Are you doing anything to the rear valance or are you just going to leave the big holes for the hitch and exhaust there?
For the hitch, Im having my dad bend me up a piece of sheet metal to cover up the hole, the exhaust I am just going to leave for now. There is a company that makes a valence without an exhaust cut out, but it is $$. Not a priority to me at the moment. The truck looks so goofy from the back at the moment. You can see right through the bumper so you can tell there is noooothing under there at all.
i wonder how much weight i could get out of my car by taking the seats out?

Power+leather=heavy My two buckets up front are 72lbs each, the rear bench is 123lbs.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Pull all those seats and put in a racing seat and that is some serious savings... Nice work.

Unfortunately the belts are part of the seat too, or that would be really easy. Id just leave the bench out and have the two buckets up front. I have a kirkey seat with just a lap belt for when Im at the track. Its uncomfortable as all hell and I wouldnt drive around on the street with it. The seat, brackets and belt weigh a whopping 12lbs though. Id need a cage or roll bar to attach a harness if I did something permanent.

Thread Info