• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

CHK ENG Light Help with codes?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Since 1964 said:
Can anyone tell me what P0113 & P0148 mean. The check engine light came on as pulled in the driveway, lucky me. These are the code I found.

I don't want to have go to Autozone for info.

P0148 - Fuel Delivery Error At least one bank lean at wide open throttle.

Severely restricted fuel filter.
Severely restricted fuel supply line.

P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Circuit High Input Indicates the sensor signal is greater than Self-Test maximum. The IAT sensor maximum is 4.6 volts or -50°C (-58°F).

Open circuit in harness
Sensor signal short to power
Damaged sensor
Improper harness connection
Damaged PCM

IAT V PID reading greater than 4.6 volts with key ON and engine OFF or during any engine operating mode indicates a hard fault.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Check the wiring and connectors on the intake pipe where the IAT sensor is located. Sounds like a short in that circuit somewhere.

The problems could possibly be related, although I'm not sure.

Fix that one first and see what happens.

What, if any, mods have you done recently, or what was the last mod you did?

Dan

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
NO new mods for last 3 years other than JBA shorties...(.OK TO Laugh now).

There has been a code which I didn't see that was removed before a leak was fixed on my pass., side exhaust where the mid pipe connects to the header.
I had gone in for the leak and just as I got there the check enging light came on so I really never saw it or read up on what it was but most likely interference with the 02 sensors due the leak is what Sutton said it was.
I was just at autozone and grabbed a new IAT sensor for 14 bucks even though mine looks fine, but if the code pops again I can change it.

As far as fuel????? I think I got a new filter with the instalation of the dual focus pumps but that's few years now so I'll get that changed.

Any suggestions for a fuel filter or just stay with Ford? I probably won't see anything after that I bet. I also got some electronics cleaner and I'll clean my SCT 2400. Can't hurt right?

FWIW it just drove fine to and from the Autozone and no code popped again. I'm going to clean the mass air and wash the car and ride the hell out of it after that and see.

Thanks for the advice guys, I just love this site. It's nice to have the wizzards keeping an eye on us.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Since 1964 said:
NO new mods for last 3 years other than JBA shorties...(.OK TO Laugh now).
Sorry to hear about the headers

Since 1964 said:
There has been a code which I didn't see that was removed before a leak was fixed on my pass., side exhaust where the mid pipe connects to the header.
I had gone in for the leak and just as I got there the check enging light came on so I really never saw it or read up on what it was but most likely interference with the 02 sensors due the leak is what Sutton said it was.
I was just at autozone and grabbed a new IAT sensor for 14 bucks even though mine looks fine, but if the code pops again I can change it.

As far as fuel????? I think I got a new filter with the instalation of the dual focus pumps but that's few years now so I'll get that changed.

Any suggestions for a fuel filter or just stay with Ford? I probably won't see anything after that I bet. I also got some electronics cleaner and I'll clean my SCT 2400. Can't hurt right?

FWIW it just drove fine to and from the Autozone and no code popped again. I'm going to clean the mass air and wash the car and ride the hell out of it after that and see.

Thanks for the advice guys, I just love this site. It's nice to have the wizzards keeping an eye on us.
I would stay with the Ford filter. It works. I would change it. 2 years is a long time.

O2 sensors fail on these cars too, so don't rule that out.

Use care when cleaning the MAF. Don't touch it with anything other than the spray.

Dan

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Dana said:
Sorry to hear about the headers

I would stay with the Ford filter. It works. I would change it. 2 years is a long time.

O2 sensors fail on these cars too, so don't rule that out.

Use care when cleaning the MAF. Don't touch it with anything other than the spray.

Dan

I knew about the spray and my idle and general well being is much improved since the cleaning. Wires look good at the IAT connection and I bet it's just needing a fuel filter. My 02's are a little twisted so I may get a few new ones just for pre-emptive effects.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Since 1964 said:
I knew about the spray and my idle and general well being is much improved since the cleaning. Wires look good at the IAT connection and I bet it's just needing a fuel filter. My 02's are a little twisted so I may get a few new ones just for pre-emptive effects.

Thanks for the help guys.

Others have reported having problems with sensors other than those sold by Ford. I would recommend using OEM parts for this.

Dan

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
So tonight I get home and found that even though I got a new fuel filter, the same codes popped up when I arrived at the picnic. Seems like running 40 minutes and I get codes. I wonder if my Focus fuel pumps are going bad?

I cleared tham and I will ride a little more tonight and see if they re-apear.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Looks like the problem is solved. Even though after the fuel pump was replaced on Friday, I got the same 2 codes as I arrived at the picnic Saturday at 3PM. After clearing those codes again, today I only got one code P0113 and sure enough after installing the new IAT sensor......no problem after a long time out driving around along with 3 good 1/4 mile runs.

It's nice to have a car that warns you in advance of troubles. Let's hope that's all there was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Since 1964
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list