China Still Depleting Ozone Layer

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Scientists were expecting the hole in the ozone layer to be closed by now after all countries banned the use of carbon tetrachloride. They were mystified by continuing emissions and ozone depletion. Finally, scientists from several areas got together to pinpoint the source of the carbon tetrachloride. You guys want to make a guess? Yep. China.

Lead author, Dr. Mark Lunt, from the University of Bristol's School of Chemistry, said: "Our results show that emissions of carbon tetrachloride from the eastern Asia region account for a large proportion of global emissions and are significantly larger than some previous studies have suggested.

"Not only that, but despite the phase out of carbon tetrachloride production for emissive use in 2010, we found no evidence for a subsequent decrease in emissions."

In fact, emissions from certain regions may have increased slightly since 2010. The results from the study show the emergence of a new source of emissions from the Shandong province of China after 2012.
https://phys.org/news/2018-10-large-mystery-source-ozone-depleting.html

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
If you step foot in China...it is so insanely instantly obvious that no matter what we do in the USA...the environment will be destroyed. They flat out don't care, they won't ever care, and they have no issues as a culture flat out lying about it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's sad how the rest of the world tries to get the U.S. to cut emissions and fund the initiative but does little/nothing to get China/India to reduce their large and increasing contribution to global warming.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Paris Accord signer I believe. Shame on us for pulling out like prom night.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

As I've posted 100's of times, why in the hell would you expect them to change a thing
when you have POS greedy losers sending them trillions of dollars that they use to destroy us!!!
The idiotic leeches in this country & others are funding their military build up, their systematic plan to collapse us,
and then control the world & it's resources!!!
They are in no hurry and know in the long run they will control every thing with out firing a single shot or even making a threat!!!

If you are a bad neighbor, a bad citizen of our planet you need to be boycotted 100%
and not enabled by handing you the means to fulfill your plans.
The same goes for russia, iran, n. korea and anyone else that brutalizes their citizens, bullies their neighbors and harms our planet.

Zero interaction, zero trade, zero support of any kind, quit enabling these POS.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was in Antarctica doing his thesis on the ozone hole several years ago. He was telling me there is no rhyme or reason that could be identified on why it is there. We were talking about how it could just be a cyclical natural phenomenon.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Exactly, has there been proof what is happening???

I'm a firm believer Mother Nature is one smart, amazing system.
She has been keeping us safe for 100's of millions of years.
I'm also a firm believer man can't be POS idiots and dump, pump, release all the crap we do without damaging the planet.
Have we screwed it up, I'm sure we have absolutely caused some damage.
How much, is it irreversible, what exact damage who the hell knows??
We have proof we've screwed up the water, and some atmosphere, but we don't know how much :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom