Chili thread, Mmmm

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So my neighbor, being neighborly gave me a bowl.

Delicious

20211106_130115.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm making chili tonight to slow cook all day tomorrow.
I wanted to do over the top chili on the smoker but I won't be home enough tomorrow to watch it.
I really dig my standard chili recipe but I am going to look for something different today.

so

hear me out, don't hate me.

butternut squash.

srsly.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
i add it whenever i need to make a fuck ton of chili. and add it quite often anyways now.

it takes on the flavor of whatever meat you're using, and has a similar texture. and you're likely extending your life a few days by replacing some of the ground meat :rofl:
I'll try some, next batch, holla for a dolla.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I picked up a couple chuck roasts from Costco last week. I have been watching a lot of chili videos on youtube. I think I'm going to mix parts of Meat Church and Malcolm Reed's recipes and do a Texas style on my pellet with the chuck roast and ground meat. No beans or peppers. Let's see how it goes.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Any special ingredients that you guys use, othen than corn and squash. :)

People say chocolate, are we talking unsweetened baker's choc?

My special ingredients are liquid smoke and sometimes worcestershire sauce.

squash is more special than liquid smoke or worcestershire sauce, aren't those like staples at this point :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i saw alex guarnaschelli in a cooking competition, or show, cooking a pretty standard chili, take a few ladles of the chili and put it into a blender and blend the fuck out of it, and add it back to the chili.

also.. fish sauce in chili.

next tidbit, is roast your peppers mf'rs.

1666969572733.png

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Any good recipes for a mild chili without beans? I like beans and like my chili to have some heat in it, but my gf won't eat beans and can't handle anything hotter than Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

I'm craving chili though. If I can't come up with something we can both eat, I'll just make a pot for myself and freeze it in portions for later on.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Any good recipes for a mild chili without beans? I like beans and like my chili to have some heat in it, but my gf won't eat beans and can't handle anything hotter than Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

I'm craving chili though. If I can't come up with something we can both eat, I'll just make a pot for myself and freeze it in portions for later on.
My fiancé doesn't like beans so I came up with this:
1.5-2lbs. Chuck Roast (smoke the day before and dice into cubes)
1lb. Ground Sirloin (cook in skillet with salt and pepper)
2 Yellow onions sautéed
2 chipotle peppers in adobo finely chopped (you can do less or replace with a sautéed poblano)
1 lager beer (12oz of Modelo, Budweiser or similar)
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
2 oz Tomato Paste
1 oz Worcestershire sauce
Season to taste with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin and smoked chipotle chili powder.
Combine and put either on a pellet smoker or in the oven at 250 for 6-7 hours, stirring every hour. Cooking uncovered on a pellet smoker will make the chili smokier to the taste.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info