Chili thread, Mmmm

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
My fiancé doesn't like beans so I came up with this:
1.5-2lbs. Chuck Roast (smoke the day before and dice into cubes)
1lb. Ground Sirloin (cook in skillet with salt and pepper)
2 Yellow onions sautéed
2 chipotle peppers in adobo finely chopped (you can do less or replace with a sautéed poblano)
1 lager beer (12oz of Modelo, Budweiser or similar)
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can stewed tomatoes
2 oz Tomato Paste
1 oz Worcestershire sauce
Season to taste with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cumin and smoked chipotle chili powder.
Combine and put either on a pellet smoker or in the oven at 250 for 6-7 hours, stirring every hour. Cooking uncovered on a pellet smoker will make the chili smokier to the taste.
This sounds really good and is kind of in line with what I was thinking. Something with a little bit of smoke flavor to replace the missing heat that I would usually have in my chili.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Desert

20221123_222603.jpg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’m glad to see someone else used Goldfish crackers in their chili.

We were supposed to have chili last night for dinner but;
Wife “I can’t make chili, we don’t have cumin.”
Me “Yes we do.”
Her smugly “No……we don’t. I’ve looked through the entire spice cabinet and no we don’t.”
Me remembering the large cumin container I bought a few weeks ago to make jambalaya, “Yes we do.”
Her “I’ve looked, no we don’t and we need to organize this better!”
I walk past her, stick my hand in the cabinet without looking and pull out the cumin “See. We have cumin.”
Her “………………well I’m making tacos”

So we had tacos.

• Haha
Reactions: frank and Spivitz

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
b00sted b00sted have you used chuck? I've always used ground beef except the last time when I used taco meat from a local market. I've talked to the butchers and the taco meat is cuttings as you can imagine. Some of my fam thought the fatty bits were a little too chewy. Having never used chuck before I'm curious how many hours it needs to cook.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
b00sted b00sted have you used chuck? I've always used ground beef except the last time when I used taco meat from a local market. I've talked to the butchers and the taco meat is cuttings as you can imagine. Some of my fam thought the fatty bits were a little too chewy. Having never used chuck before I'm curious how many hours it needs to cook.
I've only ever done ground beef so far. I'd imagine with chuck or any other larger chunks of meat, you just really need to simmer it for a few extra hours (just like doing a crock pot roast) to get the connective tissues to break down.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info