Chicago voted 2nd most beautiful city in the world

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
Anyone who calls Paris (#2 on this list) beautiful hasn't actually been there. It has its obvious moments, but the city overall is disgusting. I won't even get started on the people.
Yep Paris is one place I wouldn’t go back to, their subway smells like piss

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
In the world?!?! Absolutely not. From an architectural standpoint maybe 1st in the US but no way Chicago is more beautiful than Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Rome, Prague, Monte Carlo, Canne.
Who wrote this article Empty Shell Casing Magazine?

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling home in Sunny Florida - Sarasota area
In the world?!?! Absolutely not. From an architectural standpoint maybe 1st in the US but no way Chicago is more beautiful than Paris, Amsterdam, Vienna, Rome, Prague, Monte Carlo, Canne.
Who wrote this article Empty Shell Casing Magazine?
The robbing and stealing division of the Chicago tourism committee wrote that article.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'd agree in the US, but not the world. I've been to a lot of big cities, and I'd say our skyline is 2nd to none.
I like New York especially Times Square, but its fucking filthy!

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
I would say Rome has to be right up there with the prettiest cities in the world, it’s like a outdoor museum.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would say Rome has to be right up there with the prettiest cities in the world, it’s like a outdoor museum.
I'm gunna disagree with you here. The ancient parts are pretty cool, but being 2000 years old, some of the places (like The Forum) are just a pile of rocks that you really need some imagination to appreciate.

The rest of the city is a total dump. Run down, clogged with disgusting people. Tourism runs so rampant that it's the only identity the city has anymore. I've been twice, and the only reason I went back is because the wife hadn't been before. I don't see ever wanting to go back.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
I'm gunna disagree with you here. The ancient parts are pretty cool, but being 2000 years old, some of the places (like The Forum) are just a pile of rocks that you really need some imagination to appreciate.

The rest of the city is a total dump. Run down, clogged with disgusting people. Tourism runs so rampant that it's the only identity the city has anymore. I've been twice, and the only reason I went back is because the wife hadn't been before. I don't see ever wanting to go back.
Yeah I was talking about the areas around the coliseum and the Vatican, the rest of it is meh

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was talking about the areas around the coliseum and the Vatican, the rest of it is meh
Vatican City was beautiful but it's literally the size of a hotel resort :rofl: and that's technically not part of Rome. I love the history of the city, you'd just be better served to stay somewhere else and travel in for the day.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yea, our skyline, lake front setting, cultural diversity, great dining, museums, etc are amazing...

It's the political machine, crime, taxation, and other shens that ruin things.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
It's pretty good on a US scale, but certainly not the world. I'm not even very well traveled and I recognize that. To me, it's difficult to appreciate a lot of Chicago's "beauty" when you have to see it through a hobo commune while smelling a garbage ally two blocks away.

Apples to oranges, but I think Stockholm and Gothenburg were way prettier than any US city I've been to. The pretty people were just icing on the cake. It's a bit hard to compare a towering modern skyline to an archipelago that's gone virtually unchanged since the Renaissance though. Lol

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
I don't see the the actual list when I go to the link.

If we are talking modern skyline, Chicago is still not a top 5. All my picks would be Singapore, Taipei, Hong Kong, Asian cities.

Historical, clearly not even top 20. Paris, Vienna, Prague, definitely in the top 5.

Bullshit list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom