Chicago Pizza and Oven Grinder Company

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I always see this place getting high praise from food critics and whatnot. I've never been there, but it is kinda close to where I live now, so I was thinking about giving it a try. Their claim to fame is their "Pot Pie Pizza" which looks like a weird sort of deep dish hybrid. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

Maybe Mook Mook and I can hit this up on the next date night if its worth all the hype.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
unnamed.jpeg

Like this.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I've only been a couple times but it's really good. It was expensive but not out of line relative to other decent food in the city. I wasn't privy to the hype before going so I am not sure if it meets those sorts of expectations... but it's really good and IMO a nice atmosphere as well.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Been going there for probably 20yrs. Fucking awesome, nothing like it imo. The line is always about a hour to be sat on the weekends and can be as long as 2 hours. Best bet is to get there about 30 min before they open if you dont like waiting. Cant vouch for the wait during the week as we usually go on Saturday or Sunday. The Mediterranean bread is a must have for appetizer, and we usually order a small chef's salad to get the dressing to dip the Mediterranean bread in. I never had their sandwiches but friends have and said they are very good as well. Between the bread, salad and a 1/2lb pizza pot pie, I'm always stuffed. They do have a 1lb pizza pot pie, never attempted it.
CASH ONLY

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info