3800 Chicago Indoor racing

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Awsome. What kind of sheets are they?? If there are enough people will they have different races and place people?? Im guestimating around 15 people showing up.

I thought it looked cool, but I have been wrong before. Thanks for the heads up Kyle.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I have done this before, we went here for a buddies bachelor party a couple of years ago.

It was definitely a blast! As far as what I remember from it, you do 3 races (2 qualifying, and then a championship round). I believe the qualifying rounds are 15 laps each, and the championship round is 30 laps. The track is pretty big, and the starting line actually has a monster scoreboard above you that shows your place, lap time, best lap time, etc...

Like Kyle stated, they give you a sheet after it is all said and done that pretty much give you your stats vs the other guys you raced with.

I would definitely go back again if the chance presents itself, you should definitely go!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im definatly going. That night of work is going to suck though since it starts at 5PM and I usually dont wake up till 6. Go racing then goto work. Ohh well. Ill stare at the sheet that says I kicked everyones ass while Im working. :lolsign:

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
CIR is awesome... MFBA had our christmas party there in 2003, and I've gone there several times with friends... The car's are decently fast... it gets addicting though ....

You have to wear a firesuit thing and a helmet (they provide both) and sit through ha brief introduction and rules of the road type meeting first

They usually run 2 different tracks... but sometimes they'll join them together for 1 huge track...

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Its a blast!!!!

I was actually going to post on here and see if we can get a group of ILGPCers to go. Ive set up several events there for myself and co-workers. Its about 80$ for 4 races depending on the package you choose. Based on how you do your first three races will determine what position your in for the 4th (championship) race. Good times! If anyone is interested all we need is a minimum of 8 people.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Finally did this tonight. LOTS of fun. What sucked is that I was in the first position the first race. When I didnt have a feel for the track or the car. I qualified for the final race and ended up in 8th cause some ass hit me into a wall and it took the refs awhile to get me back on course. Everyone lapped me twice. I was going FTW just before that. Ohh well. Alot of fun. Recommend it to anyone.

I took the ninja mask they hand out before hand. :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
They have penalty boxes if you hit someone. You get a few warnings then have to wait in the penalty box.

I received warnings when someone hit me and I spun out. Go figure.

If anyone goes, I will give you one hint. Drifting is cool, but it will not help your time. I wish I had someone videotaping the race. I literally drifted the U turn all the way around. It was sweet.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Well I say lets setup an event. ANYONE INTERESTED??? All we need is 8 people in case I dont get many responses. I will post an "official post" if there is enough interest. Its approx 80-85 $ Plus we can shoot some pool before or after the racing. The also have video games for you gamers. Let me know???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info