Chicago as the 51st state?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Everyone else outside of Chicago thinks that is a good idea. That city has been a plague for the rest of the state.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I can't see this ever happening. Too many hoops to jump through to make it so.

DC has also been in the news with some people saying DC should be a state. Many people have forgotten that the whole reason behind not making DC part of a state was so that there would be no favoritism and jealousy. DC won't become a state, either, because states will vote it down for exactly those reasons.

Now, it's all about political advantage and views and writers toss out these idiotic ideas that have no chance of ever becoming more than a couple days' news story.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Great idea for us in the other 99 counties!!!
We would have all Conservative elected officials, so that would take care of the HUGE deficit.
No idiotic sanctuary BS, no idiotic wasted vote our entire life, no idiotic liberal boot on our throat when we want to build/expand our business.
Taxes would be for those that pay them, not skimmed off for Chicago and all their welfare whores and able body leeches.

Like I said before, if I have to I would move to Mt. Greenwood for 2 years if that's required to vote Chicago a new state.

Of course it will never happen.
If they can't get California split into 3, there's no way they will allow Chicago to split off.
Republicans won't let them start adding states to stack the Electoral College!!!
More senators, more expense, more corruption, more layers of bureaucracy etc etc etc.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
If you read about this on reddit r/chicago, they're all circle-jerking over the notion that Illinois can't survive with all of the money/value Chicago provides the state.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

More proof just how truly stupid liberals are!!!
Plain states are doing just fine.
Entire states with less money than Chicago pisses away, and they have balanced budgets
and they don't have failing infrastructure like Chicago does!!!

Illinois would do just fine without Chicago!!!!

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Would IL still be a blue state? Cause if so then we'd gain nothing

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
If it could be just Chicago within the city limits I’d want this to happen tomorrow, sadly you know they’d lump all of Cook County in with it and I live in Crook County.

cdh027

Donating Member
Reaction score
Would IL still be a blue state? Cause if so then we'd gain nothing
I don't think so. If you look at the electoral maps of IL counties during the past several election cycles, almost all other counties are red outside shitcago (cook).

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
If it could be just Chicago within the city limits I’d want this to happen tomorrow, sadly you know they’d lump all of Cook County in with it and I live in Crook County.
Then move, you won't be sorry!!!
I left cook county in '94, couldn't be happier!!!!
At least until I move to Indiana!!!!

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
Never gonna happen, though I do empathize with the rest of the state that's well outside the chicagoland area. That's a lot of people being ruled basically by one city

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom