May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

hMYYS8y.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Actually, I think this stems from a recent study conducted that claims Chevy Silverado is the longest lasting of the Big 3 trucks. I saw it in one of my newsfeeds a day or two ago.

One can argue up, down, left, right about the study itself, poking holes in it as they deem important to their agenda and what an independent source failed to consider, but that was the outcome.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Not upset, just very much over Chevy's god fuckin' awful advertising.

Does anyone else think this? I agree.

Between their dumb commercials in which people pretend to confuse a malibu with an audi or bmw, and the stupid pics that pop up on social media (like the one in the OP), their advertising kind of sucks IMO. Even clueless middle class soccermoms that drive a chevy would laugh at the thought of someone confusing a malibu with an audi

To be fair i think most car manufacturers have shitty advertising, but GM seems to be worse than most.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I almost feel like the best way for GM to sell more trucks is to work on convincing car people that trucks are affordable and practical. Seems to me like 99% of people in the market for one aren't going to be swayed by a dumb picture that says "we're better than ford" and nothing more.

Maybe i'm putting a little too much faith in the general population though, who knows.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
I almost feel like the best way for GM to sell more trucks is to work on convincing car people that trucks are affordable and practical. Seems to me like 99% of people in the market for one aren't going to be swayed by a dumb picture that says "we're better than ford" and nothing more.

Maybe i'm putting a little too much faith in the general population though, who knows.
They will because they are /thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info