Chevrolet Colorado ZR2

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
The grille looks better on the darker colors but I’m just not a fan of the billboard look. It does looks like the extent of their imagination there was looking at a Raptor grille and just doing that... I agree with her there.

Skids, rear bumper, and the flares if they’re much more functional than the OE stuff... Otherwise there’s just not much want. Maybe they should have teased us with something less cool.

But at least there are no penises in the wheels so there’s that...

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I get the snorkel from a functional standpoint, but I agree that I rarely like the look of one.

What do you think of that 2019 grill that says Chevrolet? Wife says Raptor knock off. LOL

Same. I wish it were possible to have a removable snorkel. I couldn't bring myself to mall crawl with a snorkel.

Grill I actually kind of like but agree'd Raptopr knockoff. That front bumper looks amazing with a winch/lightbar mount.

I dig the rear bumper a lot. It is so hard to find steel bumpers that aren't 1000lbs and massive.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Oh hey there, BDS dropped their kit and it's not as much as I expected it to be... but in addition to wheels and tires and maybe even gear, still a nice bit of coin... maybe would need a new garage door, not sure.... I don't think I'd want to go this big but it is pretty cool that it retains the stock dampers. It also retains the stock driveshafts which I didn't expect, but I'm kinda new to truck lifts in general so maybe I'm just ignorant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQAFy3hgdE

2017-2018 Chevy / GMC Colorado ZR2 4"" lift kit 745H | BDS Suspension

Coldwater, MI - After much anticipation, BDS Suspension is now shipping 4" lift systems for the new 2017-2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 trucks. Designed to take full advantage of the ZR2's Multimatic DSSV (dynamic suspensions spool valve) coilovers and rear shocks, this new system further improves the trucks already stout offroad capability while maintaining its on-road comfort and handling characteristics with adequate clearance for 35" tires.

This new system builds on the tried and true design of BDS's 5.5" lift systems for the standard Colorado/Canyon to take advantage of the FMVSSS No.126 (ESC System) compliant Colorado kit components and build them into the new ZR2 system. Up front this 4" system utilizes a pair of 1/4" thick one-piece laser cut steel high clearance crossmembers to reposition the longer travel A-arms along with a multipoint differential relocation system to securely position the front axle and keep CV axle angles at a minimum. Tying everything together is a heavy duty full width belly skid plate that creates a stout subframe and improves offroad protection whether you are charging through the open desert of out on a backcountry trail. A pair of CNC-machined ductile iron steering knuckles are supplied to reposition steering tie rod mount points and integrate with the larger ball joints from the ZR2 A-arms. Top mounted strut spacers are supplied to correctly position the DSSV coilovers to set ride height and achieve clearance throughout suspension travel. At 4" of lift on the ZR2 the front driveline angles begin to be a issue. To correct this BDS supplies a transfer case indexing ring to rotate the transfer case and improve front driveshaft operating angle to allow the re-installation of the factory driveshafts.

Out back BDS supplies a 4" block and u-bolt kit to replace the factory block to level the stance of the Colorado ZR2 while retaining ride quality. Additionally a pair of axle mounted shock relocation brackets are supplied, specially designed for the ZR2 to allow integration with the factory DSSV shocks. As with all BDS suspension lifts, these new Chevy Colorado ZR2 4" lift systems are backed by Factory Protection Plus giving you the confidence to use it and abuse it out on the trail. Take your ZR2 to the next level with BDS Suspension.

nZwP3l.jpg

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Fitting 35s instead of 33s+Level? Moving the rear shocks up so they're not the primary point of contact at the lowest point? Arrival and departure angles? Keeps DSSV dampers? Comes with a needed skid? Making the bed hard to reach for the vertically challenged?

Other than that, I don't know. I think the main point being you can do this with the stock dampers. Once they release the long travel DSSVs, there should be some options that give you better travel while not having to lose the DSSVs.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
So i just read the install... The rear is shock relocation and giant blocks? Sort of disappointed in that. I though BDS was better than just a block lift? They use Fox stuff

That solution is a real disappointment to me too. I had thought they had come up with something better replacing the stock collar/mount or whatever on the axle. Simply putting a stamped offset section in there doesn't seem right. Won't it have a good chance of fucking the shock if it gets caught anyway?

Really not looking forward to replacing DSSVs. They don't seem to be as awe inspiring as MRC IMO. Hopefully better options will drop that don't involve the upcoming long travel DSSVs.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
That solution is a real disappointment to me too. I had thought they had come up with something better replacing the stock collar/mount or whatever on the axle. Simply putting a stamped offset section in there doesn't seem right. Won't it have a good chance of fucking the shock if it gets caught anyway?

Really not looking forward to replacing DSSVs. They don't seem to be as awe inspiring as MRC IMO. Hopefully better options will drop that don't involve the upcoming long travel DSSVs.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2137991/new-colorado-zr2-isnt-road-beast-chevy-claims

I loled

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Fitting 35s instead of 33s+Level? Moving the rear shocks up so they're not the primary point of contact at the lowest point? Arrival and departure angles? Keeps DSSV dampers? Comes with a needed skid? Making the bed hard to reach for the vertically challenged?

Other than that, I don't know. I think the main point being you can do this with the stock dampers. Once they release the long travel DSSVs, there should be some options that give you better travel while not having to lose the DSSVs.
Your control arm mounting point is still the same height off the ground though.....

IFS lift that isn’t longer arms and just a relocation girder is :puke:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/10/complete-2019-colorado-zr2-bison-features-availability-list/

Chevy*announced*the 2019*Colorado ZR2 Bison*a few months ago, announcing most (but not all) of the*features and equipment for the new extreme off-road truck. Today, we managed to*get our hands*on the complete*list of features and options*for the*ZR2 Bison, giving us a thorough look at the content and its RPO codes as well as the*availability.

Availability

Technically the Bison is not a separate model. Instead, it’s a package for the Colorado ZR2 trim level that’s officially called Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition*and is assigned RPO Code ULV.

[https://gmauthority-com]

Features

The 2019 Colorado Bison ZR2 package includes:

CHEVROLET lettered grille (RZB)

AEV Front Bumper

Fog lamps (T3U)

AEV rear bumper (VHU)

Wheel Moldings (B7O)

Front floor liners (CPX)

Rear floor liners (CPY)

AEV Embroidered Headrests

Fuel tank skid plate (PZ9)

Front skid plate (PZG)

Rear differential skid plate (PZL)

Transfer case skid plate (PZN)

17″ AEV aluminum wheel (RIG)

17″ AEV spare wheel (S4M)

As we believed previously, the snorkel is not a standard option and has yet to show up as an LPO.

The ZR2 Bison package can be upgraded to include the LPO-level rear spare tire carrier (SAS). It is not available with:

ZR2 Dusk Special Edition (PDE)

ZR2 Midnight Special Edition (PDF)

Chrome Appearance Package (LPO PDZ)

Premium Interior Package (LPO PCI)

All-weather floor mats (LPO VAV)All-weather floor liner (LPO RIA)

[https://gmauthority-com]

Pricing for the Colorado ZR2 Bison package has not yet been announced, but expect it to*carry at least a $5,000*premium over*a*Bison-less*2019 Colorado*ZR2.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Z71 has skid plates too...

They just get better.... Z71 is thin sheet metal and are barely there the most basic protection. ZR2 has more but not really enough for rocks, more overlanding. BISON is ready for the rocks. They use BORON steel and its serious armor.

Between the three there are no common skid plates I believe.... The ZR2 might use the Z71 transfer case plate but that is it. GM now sells a kit to add ZR2 plates to a Z71. I am sure AEV will be selling these plates to go on a ZR2 and Z71.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info