checking rim trueness

g-rat2

Dec 1, 2009
anybody out there capable of checking rims for trueness?!?!

had a nasty shake in my GTP @ 60 to 70 mph, took it back to NTB to check balance and here's what they told me " two rears were OK, two fronts were off 2.5 to 3 but both are bent. they balanced ok but the bends are what's causing the shake"

not sure if I trust these guys since they didn't mention anything until I asked!

would love to know if they really are bent before I invest in replacements and/or aftermarkets?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
put car on jackstands, start engine put into reverse or 1st gear, look at rim flange, while tires are spinning, alternatly you can swap em to the rear and spin em by hand while looking.
they may have been bl9owing smoke up your ass or not but 2.5-3 oz is more than enough to cause a shake at 60-70

cheepo tires with sidewall belt overlap can cause a similar issue, look at the sidewalls if you see one spot where the sidewall looks straighter than the rest of it (a radial line as it were) this could also be the case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list