cheap way to get on a real race track, no prep required (ab south)

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
tri-state sports car council (tsscc) is having an autocross ("trackcross") at autobahn south on sunday, november 4th.

the event is $55 if you register now. on site if you are not an scca member there is a $15 weekend membership fee.

the plan is to use pit out to halfway down the straight. exactly how they will time this i'm not super clear on but am curious to see.

trackcross-map-sm.jpg

it looks like the plan is to send a car out every 20 seconds. no cones, no corner working. if your car is not set up for a track - no problem - you can only put so much heat and abuse into ~60-70 seconds anyway - so no worries about high temp brake pads or high temp brake fluid, you won't have enough time to heat it up to boiling between runs anyway.

depending on the car, your top speed will probably be 100-120 (into the bottom left corner) and fastest turn probably at 75+.

registration link: http://msreg.com/tsscc-2018-8

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
So, you run 80% or 20% of the track?

80% of south. on the fast side would be 60 seconds for a run, then i think you get back in line and expect to have quite a few runs. the throughput should be much greater than a typical autocross, and your average speed will be much higher as it's just the regular race track.

it's a pretty good chance to get your first flirt at one.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
First off all he defined it as the south portion of the track, so your question would be 20% or 80% of 50% :rofl:

For me literally not able to get any track time in I'm pretty much ready to trailer it south.

correct, he did say south, and did put up a picture, but me not knowing (or others maybe) track direction, i think was a fair question.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
tri-state sports car council (tsscc) is having an autocross ("trackcross") at autobahn south on sunday, november 4th.

the event is $55 if you register now. on site if you are not an scca member there is a $15 weekend membership fee.

the plan is to use pit out to halfway down the straight. exactly how they will time this i'm not super clear on but am curious to see.

trackcross-map-sm.jpg

it looks like the plan is to send a car out every 20 seconds. no cones, no corner working. if your car is not set up for a track - no problem - you can only put so much heat and abuse into ~60-70 seconds anyway - so no worries about high temp brake pads or high temp brake fluid, you won't have enough time to heat it up to boiling between runs anyway.

depending on the car, your top speed will probably be 100-120 (into the bottom left corner) and fastest turn probably at 75+.

registration link: TSSCC 2018 Trackcross: Event #8 info on Nov 4, 2018 (679154) | MotorsportReg.com

im so in for this if its warm

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
iirc the last one had nearly 90?

my expectation is this one will have around the same amount, a lot of people sandbag registration based on the weather, and that there will be 2 hours of track time and hope we will chooch on through it. if they get more registrants i think they'll have enough to do another hour beyond that as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info